Thread: My Intro

JHB_Judy is offline Junior Member

Default My Intro

Hi everyone

I've been a voyeur on this forum for quite a while now so I thought it was time to say "Hello".

I'm a single gal, living in Johannesburg, South Africa and I'm a technical writer in the IT industry. I recently visited New Zealand in February and just loved it - all of it - especially Boogie Nights (D I S C O).

Moving to New Zealand is a dream of mine but unfortunately technical writers don't seem to be in huge demand and I don't have a degree in IT (am still busy with my BA in Communication Science).

However, I am a big believer in thinking positively so I'm hoping that depspite my lack of qualificaitons I'll be able to convince a nice company to employ me when I go back to visit again. I'm actually kind of hoping something will crop up at this year's job expo in Auckland.

Anyhoo, it's great to be here amongst the other successes and hopefuls.

Thank you for the amount of effort that goes into keeping this forum up to date. Hopefully I'll be joining you all in New Zealand soon.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Judy,

Welcome to the forum

There always seems to be technical writers jobs around, so don't give up looking!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Judy. Welcome from me, too.

Hope you can find a way into NZ. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.