Thread: Help

Samnl06 is offline Junior Member

Default Help

Hi everyone........obviously im new here!!....LOL......don't know wht else to say!!..... if anyone has any questions to ask me.... plz feel free!!!

ALTHOUGH i have a few questions to ask u all!!!

.........i would like to visit new zealand...... bt before i leave i would like some information...............are jobs easy to find???? whats are the costs of living like???..........i have two young kids with me, will they be able to be enrolled in school???........are the locals friendly???..........is there any racism in NZ???........ im planning to go to Auckland.... bt if there are any recommendations from any of u.....i wud be greatful!!! Thank u in advance!!
    Last edited by Samnl06; 13-03-2008 at 04:56 AM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Samn106. Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Samnl06 View Post
    ......are jobs easy to find???? They are easier to find once you are in the country but it depends what type of job you're looking for. Some employers are a bit reluctant to employ people from overseas but others are fine about it. You would need a Work Permit before you can start work if you haven't got any other type of visa that would allow you to work there.

whats are the costs of living like??? There a quite a few complaints at the moment about the high cost of living but it depends on what lifestyle you want and how you wish to live as to how much you'll spend. Have a look around the forum as there's been a few posts like this one about this topic.

..........i have two young kids with me, will they be able to be enrolled in school???
    It would depend on what type of visa you'll have whether you'd have to pay international fees for schooling. If you have one of the longer length visas e.g. a Work Permit or PR then you won't.

........are the locals friendly???..........is there any racism in NZ??? The locals can be very helpful and friendly if you respond to them likewise. There has been talk of racism in parts of NZ, but not so much in others. I would guess the bigger cities would see less racism because of the greater mix of nationalities.
    Are you thinking of settling in NZ or just visiting? NZ isn't the sort of country that you can just decide to turn up in and settle down. They are very strict about who they give long term visas to, so you'd need to look carefully into which route you will use to get there, if you haven't already.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

hi... thanks ..... for welcoming me.... and giving me soo much info... it really helps alot!!

hey i noticed that ur location says...OMAN.... is tht where u r residing right now??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samnl06 View Post
    hey i noticed that ur location says...OMAN.... is tht where u r residing right now??
    Yes, I've been in Oman for 4 years as my husband works here.
    Mother Bear

Really.....no way.......i live here with my family as well!!!! as im Omani!!

If you dont mind me asking....where in Oman are u residing????

Blog Entries

We used to live in Al Azaiba but recently moved to Al Mawaleh.
    Mother Bear

ohh thts cool........ my brother actually lives in Mawaleh.......we live near the khuwair area.......nice to know u