Thread: Good to say hello and also looking towards NZ

VISION is offline Junior Member

Default Good to say hello and also looking towards NZ

Hi

I have been active on another forum but decided that it's time to pick all your brains here as well.

We have our EOI almost complete. We need to supply the passport numbers, dates etc. for the younger one's and then we hope to also hop on the roller coaster towards NZ.

A question - do we HAVE to put passport numbers for our children on the EOI or can we use their valid ID numbers?. We are in the process of obtaining the passports but it will take some time - about 7 weeks. I want to have the EOI submitted ASAP. When and if we do get to the application stage we will have the passports ready by then. Any suggestions?

I want to do the submission online and I don't want to mess it up with invalid information though.

We are from SA so we do have valid ID numbers for the kids handy.

Regards

Brightside is offline Junior Member

Hi Vision

Welcome to the board!
    I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to say Hello from a fellow South African (going to Wellington in June).
    We all got new SA passports just in time to submit our ITA which we are sending in this week so that our resident stamps will be in the new passports.
    Anyway, good luck with the process!

Love
    Alex

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VISION View Post
    A question - do we HAVE to put passport numbers for our children on the EOI or can we use their valid ID numbers?.
    This question has been asked on here recently, I'm sure. I've been trying to track it down but it's being elusive at the moment. I'll keep looking. Nicky, was it you who asked?

By the way, a big welcome to the forum Vision. Sorry we're a bit slow on answering this one.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

I ended up waiting for my kids passports. When you fill in the form you can't submit until all sections are complete and the childs identity stays incomplete until passport numbers are put in. You can always contact INZ to ask how to submit without them. What do you mean by 'valid ID numbers'? We don't have them in the UK.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Hi

nickydwuk
    Brightside
    MotherBear

Thanks for the replies and welcoming. I have been busy so I only got around to the forum now - lovely rainy Easter Friday afternoon here.

Brightside - I wish you guys all the best and we should keep in touch because I know that thru your experience you will be able to assist us guys further down the line a lot with the paperwork and information needed to also be successful.

I have in the mean time organized temporary passports as well as permanent ones. The temp. ones will be here in a week's time so that should speed things up.

I have another question I want to ask. I have been waiting on NZQA for more than 2 months now and decided to not claim points for a qualification in the area of absolute skills shortage. I am not sure what level NZQA will assign to my qualifications and I must have a level 7 to claim points. I still want (need) to claim points for experience in an area of absolute skills shortage though. I do have the experience and it certainly is in the area of absolute skills shortage (software development - 22 years and counting). My question: Can I claim for experience in an area of absolute skills shortage if I don't claim for a qualification in that area?

I have posted the question to INZ also and I am waiting for a reply from them...could also take a while I guess.

Regards

Oh yes !! nickydwuk - your question on the Id numbers. It is a 13 digit identification number you receive at birth and you get to keep it for the rest of your life. It's in your ID book together with a photo of you. You get the ID book when aged 16. Before that you have a birth certificate which obviously have your ID number on it as well.

Blog Entries

My question: Can I claim for experience in an area of absolute skills shortage if I don't claim for a qualification in that area?
    I must admit to getting all fuddled over this sort of thing so I'll post a couple of links from the INZ Operations Manual and see if you can, hopefully, pick out your answer from there. There's not much to go on.

Requirements for recognition .
    Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage .
    Mother Bear

Unhappy

Some time since I looked at this thread!.

Hi Alex - great for you guys going in June already!. I will be more active on this forum soon and I hope to have a chat with you.

Thanks MB for the links, it was very helpful.

I also asked NZIS the question on the recognition of experience and their reply stated that I could claim my bonus points if I had it without having a "level 7" qualification (IT) as such. I had an agent telling me that NZIS "made a mistake" and that she spoke to a manager there and he said we could not claim bonus points for experience in an area of absolute skill shortage without having the required level qualification. I submitted my EOI claiming for it and not the qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage and we were selected immediately on 09/04. Now we are waiting for the magical "Successful" after verification of the EOI notification on the web and hopefully the ITA will follow soon after that.

In the mean time our beloved little dog (Yorkshire Terrier) died totally unexpectedly and that was extremely sad for us. The little guy was already "chipped" and rabies tested for his move to NZ. I guess God works in mysterious ways and He decided to spare the little guy the discomfort of being in quarantine for four months in NZ and one in SA. It released us from a huge burden although it was not our choice at all. We can now look for employment in other parts of NZ also and the costs of moving will be much less for us as well.

Regards

Blog Entries

In the mean time our beloved little dog (Yorkshire Terrier) died totally unexpectedly and that was extremely sad for us.
    That is very sad but, thinking about it, if it had to happen, it's just as well it was now rather than after him, as you say, experiencing discomfort and loneliness in quarantine for quite a long time. It would have doubled your distress to think of the tremendous cost and his upset having been all for nothing.

Good luck with your 'Successful' status. Hope it won't be too much longer.
    Mother Bear