Thread: Greetings

avflf is offline Junior Member

Default Greetings

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here so it is only fair to tell you where I'm from and my purpose in joing you all. I live in South Africa, am married and have a daughter, a son-in-law and two grandchildren - grand daughter is 11 years old and a 1 year old grandson. My daughter is in the process of emigrating to New Zealand and I hope to join them as soon as I can. Would've loved to get to NZ on my own steam but, unfortunately, age is against it. I have been an Environmental Health Officer for 30 years with a Diploma in Health Inspection and also as an inspector of Meats and other Foods, from the Royal Society of Health. If any of you members know of someone who requires my services, and is prepared to gloss over my 63 earthly years, please let me know.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum.Feel free to join in the fun.

Good luck to your daughter with the process of emmigrating. Unfortuantely can't help you out in the job front.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Avflf and another welcome.

Good wishes to your daughter in her immigration plans. She should be in a position to sponsor you for residency after she's been in NZ and held her own residency for 3 years. Seems a long time, but it goes pretty quickly. Gives you time to prepare yourself.

I, too, am hoping to be sponsored and my son, Taffy on this forum, will have done his 3 years in August this year so it's just a case of deciding when to start the ball rolling. Exciting but nailbiting times. Stick around and keep us company.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

avflf is offline Junior Member

Thanks MotherBear, I'll hold tight. Heard that there is a quicker process if 50% or more of your children are resident in NZ. My daughter is an only child. What do you know about this?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

With your daughter being an only child and then being in NZ there shouldn't be a problem with the 'centre of gravity' as they call it. If you had another child in SA there still wouldn't be a problem but more than that, yes, there would be. Folks who have more children back in their home country than they have in NZ aren't eligible to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by avflf View Post
    If any of you members know of someone who requires my services, and is prepared to gloss over my 63 earthly years, please let me know.
    You'll probably find that NZ doesn't have a particular retirement age. You are free to go on working as long as you like providing you can find a job. It's only when you are immigrating that INZ puts a cap on the age you can apply for one of the work visas. I would think it would be a lot easier to find employment once you are in NZ and you can go face to face with potential employers.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.