Thread: Hi Folks, Were new

keynsham phone man is offline Junior Member

Default Hi Folks, Were new

Hi there,
    We are at the medicals stage of our migration to New Zealand.
    My wife and I own a Mobile phone shop in Keynsham Bristol, We have Two Boys ages 16 & 7.

We went to Wellington last year in March and fell in love with it. We would like to settle in Tawa, Whitby or Churton Park. Does anyone know what these places are like?

Should be there in about 6 months (fingers crossed)

Many thanks

Graham

muffin mum is offline Member

Hello, my parents live in Churton Park so ask away. We are moving to Johnsonville as soon as we have sold in Kapiti. We have looked around a few houses in Churton Park, there are some very nice new builds in the $500-$600K range. Price depends on what you are looking for.
    The benefit of Churton Park is that it has better Colleges for your kids. Whitby is a strange one for the older school system and lots of people have problems with getting kids into College/Secondary school and a fair bit of travel can be the way.
    Ask me anything you want!
    Emma
    Moving to Khandallah at the end of May and becoming a property tycoon. We are renting our current house out!
    Facebook ID-
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=767104133
    Been in NZ since October 2001 and have a Kiwi daughter 4 and a HALF.

Default Hi Emma

Hi Emma,
    We are Graham and Tanya, My boys are Daniel and Jay. We were in New Zealand last year and had a day visit to Tawa, We thought it was nice.
    We would be looking so spend around $500.000 tops.

Daniel has left school and attends college. Jay is 7 years so we will need to look for a school for him but are not sure of the areas.

Whats Johnsonville like? We went to lower hutt but didnt like it very much.
    I have a job in Ngauranga so we would be looking to settle somewhere not too far away, Daniel says not somewhere out of the way as he would need to make friends.

Good luck with your move to Johnsonville
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Graham & Tanya

Default Hi Emma

Hi Emma,

Just to let you know ive invited you on to my face book. Fonebitzuk.
    So you can see what our boys look like.

Thanks

Graham & Tanya

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Graham and Tanya.

Last year it seemed that Christchurch was the most popular desination of choice but so far this year it looks like Wellie is coming into its own.

Good luck with your immigration application, especially the medical. Hope it all goes well for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

knight is offline Junior Member

Hi Graham & Tanya

We live in Johnsonville.It's fine to live here esp to work in CBD as without traffic it's 10mins drive or 20 minutes by train. Nothing really wow as a place but as a suburb it has everything, 2 supermarkets, mall etc. So very convenient.
    Have a 5yr old and there are some 2/3 good decile standing schools in this area. ..and parks. For secondary schools I didn't hear that Onslow College is so good. House prices I think they are a bit less than Churton Park and Whitby.

feel free to ask, should you need any more help

cheers

David