Thread: Hello, Kia Ora

Silver is offline Junior Member

Default Hello, Kia Ora

Who would have known 35 years ago that today I would be in the process of finding employment in order to reside in another country. At 9 years old I began a lifelong friendship with someone I never thought I would ever meet, let alone remain friends with for this long. She lived in Palmerston North, New Zealand and we exchanged all kinds of things: stories, artifacts, pictures, cultural variances, etc.

And today, my husband is awaiting news on possible employment in the hopes of relocating to that country. I am looking as well, but my position is more flexible than his so I am waiting to see where we could be located.

I have more than just the one friend there these days, and perhaps might even be honored with more friendships as time goes on.

I have not been big on message forums in the past, so pardon me if I don't quite "get it" right off.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Silver and welcome.

Guess you've got a fair bit of information on NZ life from your long-time friend there, which will come in very useful in the future. Good luck to your husband in his job search. Hope he can land this job and you'll have your feet on the first run of the ladder - a very important rung, too.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.