Thread: Howdy!

Justin P. Smith is offline Junior Member
    Neiafu, Vava'u, Kingdom of Tonga (Hometown, Roswell, GA, USA)

Default Howdy!

Hey Ya'll!
    Though it'd be a good idea to throw my name out there before I start spitting out questions.
    So My name's Justin. I'm currently working in the Kingdom of Tonga as a US Peace Corps Volunteer. I've been here for about 1.5yrs, doing IT work. I teach computer classes, run a computer lab and train the staff at the Telecom. I also do what I like to call 'Street Consulting', where I help people with computers/business/writing grants and anything else. I love working here in Tonga. The people are such giving and spirited people. I finish up my service in Sept '08 and plan to get a 'real' job in Wellington. A few years i NZ would do me well!!!!!

My contacts are up, PM me if you want!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

to MoveToNZ, Justin. Sounds like your current situation is pretty idyllic and it will be hard for you to leave Tonga.

Have you visited NZ previously that you've decided to settle there for a while? If not, how did you come to that decision? It's always interesting to hear why folks pick on NZ as their choice of place to live.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Justin P. Smith is offline Junior Member
    Neiafu, Vava'u, Kingdom of Tonga (Hometown, Roswell, GA, USA)

I decided on NZ meeting some fun Kiwi cruisers here in Vava'u. After a week long trip with my family from Auckland to the Bay of Islands, I was sold. I'm looking forward to 'scouting things out' on a backpacking trip in May/June!