Thread: UK Police Certification

catt is offline Member

Default UK Police Certification

Hi everyone we have been wandering around the threads on here and have found some very useful info and would like to thank all contributors.

My hubby is a returning Kiwi after spending most of his working life in the UK and he now wants to retire so the obvious place is back to NZ and i am the lucky one that he is taking with him after 17 years of marriage.........or am i? Pulling all the information and forms together then completing the forms for residency for me is a nightmare and i have been told i have got it easy to quite a lot of people with no automatic sponser.........for those people my heart goes out to you but i also know that all our perseverence will succeed in our quest for residency in whatever form its in.

I seem to have come unstuck a little and would appreciate some help around the police certification link that enables you to complete and submit the form on line. I have done mine and silly me didnt save the link to my favs we have now discovered by starting to fill in my hubby's sponsorship form that he needs to have one too soooooo my question is does anyone out there have that link........i have searched hi and low in a variety of the sites including nzis and police authority sites in my area and cannot for the life of me find it.

When i submitted my completed form last week i expected a response in some form by mail to at least say that they had received it but have had nothing and although i could walk into the local police station it is not the same place that my form went to, that being the county HQ. Ok enough waffle can anyone help me please...............

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Catt,

Is it the link to your own local police authority you're looking for? I can't recall INZ having a form where you can apply online for a police certificate but I'm sure some local police stations do have them on their websites.

I came up with this where you can click on the appropriate area you live in and it will bring up details of your local constabulary (or should do - when I tried it told me there was a gateway error ) , but others did come up.

If you have any further trouble, give us a shout and let us know which area you live in.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

catt is offline Member

Default thank you

Hi Mother Bear thank you once again for your quick response. I had a blonde moment i think because i had saved the link. Anyway i found it on the site that it opened and i rememberd it took me a long time to find the form on their website. The police can be very unhelpful at times Anyway i got there in the end and have now sent off my OH's request for police check. Now we wait.......the site says it will take up to 40 days to get the response back.

Best wishes and i am sure i will be back again soon.......something to do with blonde hair i think .........

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

If it's any help catt, when I sent off for mine last year I got a receipt about a week later with the copies of documents I sent. It then said to allow 40 days from the date of the receipt. After 40 days I hadn't received it - I called them and they sent me an other one. In the end I got two !!!! You should get a receipt - make sure you keep it safe as this is the only proof you have that it has been received.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

alan&moyra is offline Senior Member

Hi Catt

The police cert is a real pain, we lived in scotaland and were told by NZIS that we only needed one that covered the countries you had lived in for past 10 years, which for us was Scotland and the disclosure Scotland cert takes 7 days, we did play safe and applied for a full police cert, with the full 40 day wait and found out just as we had sent out ITA with disclosure Scotland that we did infact need the full police cert, as nicky says keep your receipt though as proof.

Ohh and they do take the full 40 days !!!!!