Thread: Getting ready!

cook00 is offline Junior Member

Default Getting ready!

Hey everyone

I am in desperate for your expert advise, ideas,comments anything really. I have been reading the previous posts but cant seem to find anyone in the same situation as me.
    My fianc? is a kiwi and we are looking to move back there asap. We have been living together for the past 2 years however the only problem is we have been living with my mum!! I have checked out the nz immigration web site and it says they need proof we have been living together such as utility bills etc......we dont have any of those only a joint bank account that dates from Oct 2006, we have been paying rent but all bills are in my mums name!! Any ideas on how to get around this? In 2006 we went to nz for 2 months and also kept the flight tickets if that also helps??

Please can you also guide me as to what forms i should fill in? I know he has to fill out a sponsorship form but would i also have to fill one out for PR?

Thank you so much for your help, my head is spinning after looking at the nz immigration web site and all we want to do is settle down together!!

kiaora!! is offline Senior Member

hey there!!

just wanting to help you a bit.. i havent applied for pr for nz myself but did for australia through my ex partner..
    we hadnt lived together for a year at the time of my application, i was only a few days short but they asked if we had been living together before and i said that my partner lived with me and my family for a few months every year so they just asked me to get my parents to write a letter saying that we lived at their house together and that was good enough for them.
    I guess that s all you can do really.. dont you have mail that went to your moms address as you had both lived there? you dont have to give them all the things stated on the website, they are just a few suggestions and you hand in whatever you have.. the bank account and flight tickets are definatelly good.. i always kept flight tickets as well and it got me a long way
    since you have been living together for that long you should definately apply for pr
    it all seems very confusing but it s quite straight forward. you fill in your forms, get your medicals and police checks and all the proof for your relationship
    this page states exactly what you need to hand in
    Steps to apply

good luck!

phew thanks for the info thats fantastic news!! So a letter from my mum will do (feels like being back at school)! Yeah we both are receiving letters at the same address but i was worrying about the bill situation (needlessly from your info)......we were due to get the ball rolling last year but was so confused about where to start?!
    Do you know how long it ususally takes once everything has been handed to them?

kiaora!! is offline Senior Member

cool if you have mail in your names to the same address that shows that you have been living together.. did you keep the envelopes coz they have a date stamp which is important too!?

I guess getting your mom to write something would be cool and if they need anything else they usually ask for it!
    I m not sure how long it takes at all.. when i applied for mine in oz i handed it in, had an interview, had 21days to get some more info together and when I went back to hand it in my case officer said: just wait a second for the visa to be put in your passport! that was bloody quick and uncomplicated :)
    but i guess you have to send it in.. it does say that somewhere on the internet, i think i read something about 6months the other day.. If I were you I d just call and ask them :) they are usually very helpful!

Default thanks

Hey Kiaora

Sorry i didnt have chance to reply, my net has been down!

Thank you so much for your advise, i have just sent off for my police certificate and as soon as i hear back (or get my receipt) i will be booking my medical!!

Now the ball is finally rolling i am so excited/scared about starting a a new life (but under no impression it will be easy either)!

Thanks again for the info, no doubt as i work my way through the process i will need more help from all you experts!

Becky

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Hi Becky

Hi from a Kiwi with a Scottish OH living in Glasgow

As previously said, the process is very straight forward - just a bit on the expensive side

OH applied last year so any questions - just holler!

Sal
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

Default Thanks

Hey Keeweegal

Thank you so much for the offer, no doubt once things really start rolling i will need all the help i can get! ahhhhh its really settling in now that im going (everything crossed i get accepted that is)!!