Thread: Hello everyone from Petra and Carsten

q2.co.nz is offline Junior Member
    Until 3rd of March Berlin, then Wellington

Default Hello everyone from Petra and Carsten

Hello everyone,
    just came across this forum and thought I say hello. Carsten (my husband) and I (Petra) are moving from Berlin, Germany to New Zealand on March 3rd (in about two Months). On January 1, we officially entered phase P (for Panic). We are soooo excited.

Greetings, Petra (and Carsten)

Duke is offline Senior Member

Hello... Awesome choice of a place to live... If you dont mind me asking what qualifications are you bringing to NZ? Where(north or south island, town?) are you two thinking to start at? What makes you choose NZ??? Good Luck with your settlement!!! Duke

q2.co.nz is offline Junior Member
    Until 3rd of March Berlin, then Wellington

Default New settlers specs

Hello Duke, hello everyone

this is us in 4 lines (well, 5 I guess)

-Petra is information architect and designer
    -Carsten is cad drafts person, modeler and renderer
    -We want to move to Wellington and work on contract for agencies
    -We have the permanent residency
    -We have chosen NZ because of the good work life-balance, the nature, the business friendly political system, the healthy attitude towards war and atomic energy, the possibility to own a home, the far away location.

How about yourself? Are you thinking of moving away from Ohio to some other place?

Greetings, Petra

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Petra and Carsten, welcome to MoveToNZ.

Congratulations on getting your PR. That's a big step in the start to your new life. Time will be passing quickly now and soon you'll be on your way. Good luck with it all.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Duke is offline Senior Member

hi Petra and Carsten... Good luck too you two, hope the best for you.. We met some great friends from Germany(?part) in NZ and still keep contact with each other while they travel the globe(in Austrailia now)..I agree with you in our reasons for leaving the US, Im a boilermaker at trade which one day will require me to build/repair nuclear powerplants which I despise and of course the dumb reasons to make war.
    As for leaving Ohio, is still up in the air....the housing market is in shambles which becomes a major buyers market, so I am considering a newer home for a bigger family but not sure if I want to bury my dreams of creating a diffrent lyfestyle for my daughter in NZ. We also considered Austrailia simply because of the workload for my trade. It all depends on a job offer in NZ, right now I have been contacted by a potential employer, so my fingers are crossed.
    Again good luck too you both and have a nice flight..fly AirNewZealand...it was 1st class..