Thread: Heeelp

matej.lukasik is offline Junior Member

Default Heeelp

Hi,
    I am Matt Lukasik and I arrived to Auckland, New Zealand like a month and a half ago and I wanted to apply for work to residence visas. I have a two year work experience and I am a recent graduate of Transport and Traffic. First of all i would like to get my diplomas recognized by NZQA and meanwhile improve my English to such a level that it would be suitable to compete with people who are native speakers. Do you think it is possible? Am I doing it right? Please send me all your suggestions. I would be really thankful ...

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

It certainly sounds like you're going the right way. Getting your qualifications recognised and learning fluent English will take you a long way!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

matej.lukasik is offline Junior Member

Default yep

i know that my thread may sound very simple even stupid but I just wanted to make myself sure that I am on the right track and not losing or missing something important. thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Matt,

Firstly you need to find out whether your job title is on the Long Term Skills Shortage List . If it is, then you should find out if your qualification is approved by INZ and using NZQA is the best way to do this if it isn't from one of the generally accepted countries. If your job title is on the LTSSL then you can apply under the Skilled Migrant Category.

To get a Work Permit and go through the Work to Residence route would mean that you work for 2 years for the same employer and then apply for Permanent Residency. You can look on the Immediate Skills Shortage List to see if your job is on there. You can't apply directly for residency with that but it would help you to get a WP.

This is the quick check for being able to apply for a Work Permit . You need to find out which category suits you best.

With your 2 years work experience, it depends when you did this. If it was part of your studies or training, it doesn't count. Work experience that is allowed must be carried out after you have your qualification.

And never think that your questions are simple or stupid . This immigration business, especially to NZ, is very complicated and we often need help to see which way to go or how to do it the right way.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.