Thread: mike g introduction

mike g is offline Junior Member

Default mike g introduction

Where do I start, Have PR visa's for us in passports, YESSSSS! Whole family is really excited.Have to wait for my son to finish his apprenticeship, daughter to finish A levels and wife to finish her midwifery training.18 months.TOO LONG!Flights booked for 5 week holiday 7th March to activate the visa's, then get resident return visa stamped to allow us to start our adventure. I WANT TO GO NOW! Is this a little selfish of me what do you lot think? Nice to join such a good site. see ya, mike g.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Great news that you have those all important stamps in the passports. March will be here before you know it ( or is that wishfull thinking on my part as that is when we are hoping to head out there).
    Do you know where you are heading to or are you using your holiday as and exploration?

Oh I to am in Rossendale!!!!!!!!!

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Mike. Welcome to MoveToNZ and by the sound of it, you can't wait.

Yes, 18 months is a long time to wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. It'll give you plenty of time to put your life in order and start making preparations ready to quit your life in the UK and make plans for your new life in NZ.

To help pass the time you can keep us company on here and join in the frivolity, madness and whatever else is going on.

Nearly forgot, congratulations on getting PR.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum

I don't know what's worse, waiting 18 months to try and get PR or having PR and waiting 18 months to use it!

Congrats on getting PR anyway, stick around and we'll try help you pass the time!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

mike g is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the welcome. It's good to know that I can while away 18 months in the company of such optimists,the time spent getting the PR was ok the time spent in having to wait to use it is worse!!!
    I am no the most patient of folk but I'll try to make it a virtue
    Anyway, a few words from Linda, my other half.

Hello there, Mike has told me what a friendly bunch you are. Today I should be doing an assignment to be handed in on Monday, but really need some time out to put my feet up. It's a toss up between eating a christmas tin of miniature Heroes and watching a film. As Mike has already told you we're going to NZ in March, I will be on Easter holidays from Uni, I will be travelling back early with our Daughter who will be doing A Levels. Mike will be staying an extra fortnight with our Son, to suss some places out for us. Has anyone any ideas re places to visit between Auckland and Christchurch? Any must sees worth looking at?
    I will be in touch occassionally as my time is really limited at the moment with studying. It would be nice to hear from you. Best Wishes Linda G

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hello Mike and Linda.

At least your visit in March will break up the wait. I'm not sure it's a "must-see", but we really enjoyed going to the Waitomo Caves westish of Hamilton. We went on a blackwater rafting trip, which was great! You get in a wetsuit and use an innertube as a raft. It wasn't high on adrenaline, but it was a thrill for us. We decided to do it when we were wandering arond on trails outside the caves, and suddenly people appeared from a stream that emerged from a cave. They were so jazzed about it that we booked a trip for the next day.

The geothermal Maori village, Whakarewarewa in Rotorua was interesting, as were other places in the area.

I'd like to go see Hobbiton near Matamata.

Just about anywhere you go is beautiful and interesting, so you can't go too far wrong.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s