Thread: Confusion, Excitement, Exhilliration!!

SamandAndy is offline Junior Member

Smile Confusion, Excitement, Exhilliration!!

Hi Everybody,

Above are just a few feelings we are feeling at the moment!!

Just started out on looking into moving to NZ.
    went to a NZ Expo in Manchester on Sunday which was great, really informative.

Trying to work out what to do 1st is our biggest problem i think at the moment

Don't know whether to get Visa through Skilled Migraint catergory or Working Holiday Visa, if we do the latter can defer mortgage payments for up to a year, travel around NZ find exactly where we want to buy a house, possibly rent a house in the meantime, but then i heard that under the Working Holiday Visa you can't work as a 'skilled' person, therefore Andy wouldn't be able to work while we were out there?!?!?!

I'm sooooooooo confused!!

I would to hear what everybody else did when the emigrated and the up's and down's that everybody faced and what you would have done differently!!

Speak to you all soon and thank you so much in advance for all your help!!

Sam and Andy

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hi

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to share your thoughts/worries.

There are loads of helpful peeps on here.

Where in Manchester are you from? We are in Rossendale.

Obviously I don't know everything about you but if you are wanting to have an exploritory trip to NZ the the WHV may be the way to go as it will be easier and cheaper to get than PR thorugh the Skilled Migrant route.

What jobs do you guys do?

We are in the process of emmigrating- have just accepted an offer on our house. We are going for full Residency through skilled migrant but need a job offer to secure enough points. We (myself, husband and 2 kids) are just taking the plunge and going out there with intention of finding work when we arrive and then applying for our PR.

I'm sure the other guys will share their stories and situations with you.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

and welcome to the forum.

If you haven't visited NZ before, going on a WHV will certainly be a good way of familiarising yourself with what's on offer there without any strings attached. If you don't like what you see, there's nothing lost and you'll have had a great experience for not too much outlay.

This tells you about the conditions of a WHV. It doesn't mention not being able to work in skilled employment, just that you shouldn't take up permanent employment without first applying for a Work Permit and that you aren't allowed to work in the sex trade.

If you decide you want to go for permanent residency (PR) take a look at this which shows you the steps you take when applying .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Guys,

We did the working holiday thing, and got residency when we got to NZ. It's a good route as it gives you some freedom to get sorted before having to venture in to the serious residency stuff!

Feel free to join in with the forum and ask any questions you like
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.