Thread: New member

Ginabridget is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Smile New member

Hello, my name is Gina, I'm moving back to NZ after going on my big OE 9 years ago, met my hubbie whilst backpacking in Oz and now find myself living in Lancashire with a hubbie and two kids, I guess great plans are fluid plans. Anyway, we're planning on moving to NZ as soon as possible, my hubbies got his visa through and we've had the house on the market for six months, as soon as the house sells we can go. I'm a stay at home mum cos my kids at 3 and 1 and my hubbie works for BAE Systems. I haven't been to NZ or seen any of my family for 4 years and can't wait to go home!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Gina,

Welcome to MoveToNZ. A returning kiwi, eh? I wonder if NZ has changed much during the last 4 years. I bet it has changed quite a bit in some places over the 9 years you've lived in the UK, especially the cities. Your family must be very excited at the prospect of you going home to join them again. Which part are you going to?

Hope your hubby and children settle well and can look forward to a great life there.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm really excited about going back, but really quite scared as well, what if I don't like it? My family is really excited now, my brother has just moved back from Australia so when I get back it's the first time we'll all be in one country. I'm from Waipu (about 2 hours north of Auckland) and initially the plan is to spent about six months there getting to know my family again, and then we'll move to wherever my hubbie gets a job, preferably somewhere between north Auckland and Whangarei, although I have a cousin who's just moved down to Whitianga (north of Tauranga) and it looks gorgeous there too.

Just waiting waiting waiting for the houses to sell.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hi Gina

Welcome to the Forum (Madhouse).

I notice you are from Lancashire- where abouts?We are in Rossendale.

We too are (in)patiently waiting for the house to sell so we can make the move.

We have two young children age 4 and nearly 2.

Hope you have some luck with your house soon.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Gina, welcome from me too

You certainly did have a VERY big OE! Went for the trip of a lifetime, ended up on a life long trip. Awesome
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

We're in Preston, been here for about 6 years after dabbling a bit in Huddersfield and London. One of the things I'm looking forward to on the way back to NZ is stopping off for a few days in Maylaysia or Hong Kong or wherever we manage to get a stop-over, just to chill out for a little bit cos I think it's going to be a bit manic moving in with my parents and introducing them to my little ones.

I'm constantly amazed at how much I can plan our life in NZ without actually knowing where we're going to end up or what we're going to be doing. There's great website www.trademe.co.nz which has got all sorts of stuff on it, I've even been looking at kittens, I think I'm jumping the gun a little bit.

How long has your house been on the market?

Gina

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    Hi Gina

Welcome to the Forum (Madhouse).

I notice you are from Lancashire- where abouts?We are in Rossendale.

We too are (in)patiently waiting for the house to sell so we can make the move.

We have two young children age 4 and nearly 2.

Hope you have some luck with your house soon.

Beth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hi Gina, welcome from me too

You certainly did have a VERY big OE! Went for the trip of a lifetime, ended up on a life long trip. Awesome
    Hi Taffy, after being in England for so long I think it's time for another OE. I see that you're in Hamilton, what's it like, I nearly moved there before I left NZ.

Gina

Blog Entries

Best city on earth

Hamilton is a great city, very centrally located so you've got an easy drive to all the shopping, beaches and attractions you want, with the added benefit of being surrounded by awesome countryside should you wish to get away and chill out for a bit. It's also still one of the more realistic cities when it comes to house prices, although for a time it was going berzerk. Happy to say the housing market is beginning to cool off again!

It's one of those places that doesn't immediately grab you though, being inland and having a lot of businesses in the area, so if you're thinking of moving here make sure you have a good look around, it's quite suprising what hidden secrets it has!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Best city on earth

Hamilton is a great city, very centrally located so you've got an easy drive to all the shopping, beaches and attractions you want, with the added benefit of being surrounded by awesome countryside should you wish to get away and chill out for a bit. It's also still one of the more realistic cities when it comes to house prices, although for a time it was going berzerk. Happy to say the housing market is beginning to cool off again!

It's one of those places that doesn't immediately grab you though, being inland and having a lot of businesses in the area, so if you're thinking of moving here make sure you have a good look around, it's quite suprising what hidden secrets it has!
    Taffy, will you please give it a rest You keep going on about how great Hamilton is & everyone'll move here & it'll be as big as Auckland & we'll have to go somewhere else!

Gina, from another returning Kiwi (heading to Hamilton!). I left NZ in 2000 and, like you, going back as soon as our house sells.

See you round the Madhouse!

Sal
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

Blog Entries

Sorry Sal, I'll be good and keep Hamilton a well kept secret
    Taffy