Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

tabitha is offline Junior Member

Default New member

Hi i have a problem
    My parents live in New Zealand i have failed to get in by the skilled migrant method my job offer was deemed not suitable.
    I wondered if any one out there knows an easier way, i have a brother and myself living in the UK he could emigrate then i could go there
    as the last remaining adult sibling but my brother doesnt want to stay in New Zealand longer than a year does anyone know the amount of time he must go there for, any advice would be welcome and i am 38 by the way

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Hi Tabitha & to our wee part of cyberspace.

I can't help you with your question but someone will be along soon who can.

Meantime, feel free to have a look round our mad place

Sal
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Tabitha,

to the forum.

I assume that your parents have tried to sponsor you and you had a job offer but INZ said it wasn't acceptable? That does seem to be one of the the main stumbling block in family sponsorship .

If they will allow you in if your brother goes there to live, does he have the right skills or job offer to get in with PR? For him to be of any help in your application, he would first have to get PR, then stay in NZ for a minimum of 184 days in each of the first 2 years. If he gets PR he will also get a Returning Resident's Visa in his passport. If he manages to stay for the requisite 184 days in each of the 2 years, he should then qualify for an Indefinite RRV, which means he can come and go as he wishes. If he doesn't get this, he will be stuck with the RRVs. Without staying in NZ for the 184 days x 2, INZ will state that he isn't showing commitment to NZ and it could affect his PR and, consequently, your application. If he could only try to stay for the first 2 years of his PR and get his IRRV he would be seen to have 'done his bit'.

It's a bit of a long-winded way of going about it but, without an acceptable job offer or skills, I'm not sure how else you can get in.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi, welcome to the forum

I dont think there is a specific time your brother would need to be in NZ if he wasnt sponsoring you. As long as he was resident, it would add to the 'weight' of your family ties

Hope that helps
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Now I bet that's confused her.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

You confuse the best of us, MB
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

I just thought her brother would need to establish himself with INZ before they'd accept that he was truly living in NZ and the way to do that was to get his IRRV.

Otherwise it would be open to anyone with skills to get PR just so family could get in and then they scarper back to the home country once the family member was safely installed in NZ. Just my way of looking at it.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Quite a tricky one this. You need to have held residency for 3 years to sponsor a family member, but it doesnt specify how long any other members of the family need to have been in NZ to count as weight. Our friends had a slightly different turn of events, where our friends sister had lived in NZ a good while, and she'd only been here around a year. They sponsored their parents to come out due to the family weight thing, with her sister being the principle sponsor. I expect it would be same in this case too.
    Taffy

Blog Entries

It wouldn't be so bad then if it could be done after a year. I'll have to scout around the INZ Operations Manual and see what I can find. I live half my life in there.

It's just that you know what INZ are like - they don't accept anything at face value and you have to prove everything in triplicate and with brass knobs on.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Couldn't spot anything obvious in the Operations Manual, but then it's stuffed full of random information and very difficult to use.

I was looking at this page on the INZ site and was struck by the Evidence of where family members live lawfully and permanently can be originals or certified copies of.... bit. I really don't know how far INZ would push it to get your brother to prove that he was intending to stay permanently in NZ or whether they would only pursue your parents, being the original principal applicants. Maybe his having NZ residency alone would satisfy them in this case.

I think maybe a call or email to INZ would be in order to sort this issue out.
    Mother Bear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast