Thread: horray we are moving to new zealand

sandra townsend is offline Junior Member

Smile horray we are moving to new zealand

I along with my husband and 3 children are hpoing to move to new zealand by 2010 yet; we are struggling with how to start. I have read alot of how to do and where to go but on occasions to no avail. Can anyone help us to process are application succesfully and has anyone got any great tips?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sandra and

When you say you've read a lot, I'll assume you've done some reading on the NZ Immigration Site . How you move forward with this depends on what jobs and skills either you or you husband have. If you have skills and qualifications that NZ wants, you're in with a pretty good chance of getting Permanent Residency, which entitles you to stay in NZ indefinitely. To be able to apply for PR you need to have a minimum of 100 points - the more points you can get, the better the chance of getting in and probably the quicker you will get in.

On here it explains about the points system . Then you need to use the points indicator to help you determine how many points you can get.

I won't blind you with any more information until you've had a chance to sort out how many points you are likely to get and also until I know how much information you've already absorbed, as I don't want to repeat what you already know and bore you to death. If neither of you is able to scrape enough points together we'll have to look at the issue of getting to NZ another way. Have a read through the above links and if you have any questions just throw them on here and we'll try to help you out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Wow, 2010 sounds so futuristic!

Welcome to the forum I'm sure we'll be able to help ya through it all
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.