Thread: Howdy!

sleepy is offline Junior Member

Default Howdy!

Should have probably done this before posting in the other forum, but hey! ... it's a messed up World we live in

Well, Already met some of you, so "Hi" to them, and Hey to everyone else!.
    My name's Lee, from Scotland, UK, im 29 and currently ripping my hair out deciding whether or not I should / can afford to take the plunge, leave everything behind and head to New Zealand in January 2008 (That's when a friends going).

So, If I can get money sorted out, and summon the courage to take the plunge, I'll hopefully be heading out on a 1 year working visa, looking for a proper job while out there and hopefully apply for residency in NZ with an adequate job offer in hand.

Well, that's me, that's my story ... Howdy everyone

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

to the forum, Sleepy. Hope you can manage to sort yourself out so that you, too, can enjoy the benefits of life in NZ. We'll try to help you through it, so hang around and we'll battle through it together.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Hi Lee & Welcome

I'm a kiwi hoping to return to nz by September/October 07. My (Scottish) OH & I are living just out of Glasgow - where abouts are you?

As you've already figured out, this is a great place for info & help in getting Down Under They're all crazy, in fact some are certifiable but don't let that put you off!

Sal

Hi Keeweegal, im actually in the East end of Glasgow, about 20 minute walk from the City Centre. Just on the far side of Glasgow Green.

Blog Entries

Lee, we're about 10 miles out, just past Kirkintilloch.

How's the research going?

Sal

Going ok :)
    Feeling a bit worn out by the whole thing, it's all a bit daunting and I only really started looking into it properly in the last couple of weeks. Found this site by accident looking for some more NZ job sites, it's a very handy tool for nOObs like me who read things over 100 times and still don't completely get it

My main problem is some financial issues I need to resolve, the move is all a bit last minute and I think I may be rushing into it a bit too quickly.

Hopefully I'll get it all worked out though, I'll be sure to keep you all updated

Blog Entries

Yup, know how you feel - & I'm going home! It was a lot easier when I came over here 7 years ago on my own!

Have sent you a PM.