Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi im new :)

bronxie is offline Junior Member

Red face hi im new :)

not sure if im doing this right but here goes ,, im helen and been to NZtwice to see a male friend we have decided we want to make it more permanent , i am going to apply for temp work visa ,, butnot sure howto bringmy kids 1 is 18 theother 16 , any advice would be most welcome we are thinking of going in june 2008 :)

any advice welcome ,, many thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Helen, welcome to the forum. Good to have you along with us.

You don't say what status your partner has in NZ i.e. if he's a kiwi, or he is a resident there. For the moment I'll talk as though he's in a position to sponsor you for Permanent Residence, and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Here, I'll just state a few facts that you may already be aware of. The first being that, to apply for a temporary Work Permit (WP) you need to have a job offer in NZ. If you haven't already got one you would no doubt have to travel to NZ on a Visit Visa to look for one if you haven't been fortunate enough to get one beforehand. If your partner is already in NZ, I guess you won't have complied with the NZIS ruling that, for him to sponsor you, you would have needed to live together for the previous 12 months, as a minimum. The way around this is for you to go to NZ on a VV, find a suitable job and apply for a WP. This would give you sufficient time to live together with your partner so he can sponsor you for PR.

As for your children:

In the NZIS’ Operations Manual part E4.1 it says:

E4.1 Who may be included in an application

Immigration Regulations 1999 reg 20
    a. Each principal applicant* must lodge a separate application.
    b. The partner* of a principal applicant*, and dependent children* aged 19 or younger, may be included on applications for:
    i. visitors' permits, and
    ii. visitors' visas and transit visas if intending to travel together.
    c. For the purpose of inclusion in an application, a partner* is a person who meets the definition of partner* in E4.1.10 below. Partners* who do not meet this definition must apply for temporary visas or permits in their own right.
    d. Persons applying for a student or work visa or permit must lodge a separate application. Partners* and dependent children* of student or work visa or permit applicants must lodge a separate application for a temporary visa or permit appropriate to their needs (see E4.5).

Example: a dependent child* intending to attend school in New Zealand must apply for a student visa or permit.

e. For the purpose of lodging an application, 'children of the principal applicant' means biological or adopted children of the principal applicant* and/or the principal applicant's* partner* (if the partner* is included in the application).

E4.1.1 Definition of 'principal applicant'
    a. For temporary entry applications the principal applicant is identified as follows:
    i. for a visitor's visa, visitor's permit or a transit visa application, the principal applicant is the person who is declared to be the principal applicant* on that application; or
    ii. for work or student visa or permit applications, the principal applicant is the person applying for the work or student visa or permit.
    b. When the application is assessed, all persons included in the application will be assessed against the policy criteria, unless policy indicates otherwise.

E4.1.5 Definition of 'dependent child'
    Immigration Regulations 1999 reg 20
    a. For the purpose of lodging an application, and despite the definition in section 2 of the Immigration Act 1987, a child is dependent if:
    i. they are aged 17 to 19; and
    • they are single* with no child(ren) of their own ; and
    • (if included in an application for a visitor's visa or visitor's permit or transit visa), they are totally or substantially reliant on the principal applicant and/or the principal applicant's partner* for financial support, whether living with them or not; or
    • (if applying for a temporary visa or permit under E4.5) they are totally or substantially reliant on that student or work visa or permit holder for financial support; or
    ii. they are aged 16 or younger; and
    • they are single*; and
    • (if included in an application for a visitor's visa or visitor's permit or transit visa) they are totally or substantially reliant on the principal applicant and/or the principal applicant's partner* for financial support, whether living with them or not; or
    • (if applying for a temporary visa or permit under E4.5) they are totally or substantially reliant on that student or work visa or permit holder for financial support.
    b. An unmarried child up to 17 years of age is presumed to be dependent unless there is evidence to the contrary.
    c. For children aged 17-19 years of age, evidence of actual dependence may be required.

Unfortunately the above link isn't helpful enough to take you directly to the relevant page (typical NZIS ), but if you click on Index in the left margin and then scroll down to the 'Es', under E4.1 you will find the part that I've copied. Basically it tells you that the children can be included in your WP application, although they too will need to travel initially on VVs.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Pin pointing the right info can be a little tricky, so I hope we can all be of some help

Good luck with your quest.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Hi New!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Red face hi

many thanks for advice , yes partner is a kiwi , i will look at sites mentioned and will keep you informed about whats happening along the way .
    at the moment im just looking at possible routes ,, my partner also said best way maybe to come out on visitor permit and start from when i arrive ,

Blog Entries

He might be right! Sometimes, dealing with NZIS is best done from the inside
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default hello again

ok have decided to fly out to NZ in october for few weeks ,, while there im going to the immagration office in hamilton , as i been on the official website and im totally confuzled lmaoo ,,
    so im hoping if i get to tlk to an official face to face it will be much clearer haa haa.
    they charge ?1 a min to phone immagration in uk ,, which is unrealistic , oh do you think medicals would be cheaper done in UK for 3 of us is around ?900 or in NZ ???
    thanx for any advice

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bronxie View Post
    they charge ?1 a min to phone immagration in uk ,, which is unrealistic ,
    Hi Bronxie

I'm a kiwi, living in Glasgow & I agree, ?1/min is outrageous! I've phoned NZ Immigration in Auckland a few times - I think it was this number 64 9 914 4100 - much better than ?1/min

hth but if you have any probs, please feel free to PM me.

Good luck
    Sal

Blog Entries

There used to be a different number you could call to avoid the expensive rates, but looks like they found out and changed it to make you call Auckland instead!
    Taffy

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Yup! I tried phoning a UK number & they knew I was in the UK so told me I had to phone the premium number. I'm still one step ahead of 'em though!

Thought you were sleeping in, Taffy, but good to see you've finally made it in! Radio station is fab, played a few requests today (obviously while you were still slumbering - well it was the middle of the night for you!). Oops, I'm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast