Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everybody!!

MonkeyControl is offline Junior Member
    Sunny Tauranga, (ex rainy Manchester U.K.)

Default Hello Everybody!!

Hello All.

I'm John, and I just got Approval on my residence Application a couple of weeks ago. Well actually I should say that 'we' just got Approval, as I'm actually the older wiser other half of 'Bunstar' who introduced herself yesterday evening, or morning, depending where you are with your application.

I'm on here taking a break from the job-hunting task which is rightly taking most of my free time at the moment.

I'm still searching, and still confident, but I was rather hoping I'd have something sorted by now, so that I could make a start on the box room that neither of us can face at the moment.
    I've been back onto most of the agencies, etc, that I'm registered with to change my status from 'pending' to 'ready or not, here we come', but there must be something wrong with my hotmail inbox because nobody's offered me my dream engineering job yet, or maybe I'm just getting a little too impatient and excited. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to knock on a few more doors. I just want to get started if you know what I mean.

Anyway, enough shop talk for one post, I did say I was taking a break didn't I, but a couple of questions for the Kiwis out there.

1. Can you get a decent curry in NZ?
    2. Bunstar wants to know if you get 'Coronation Street' or 'Hollyoaks', (she didn't ask that really).
    3. How expensive is it to ship a sofa? I quite like this one.
    4. Only joking about questions two and three, but after a few beers question number one can be a matter of great concern.

Enough waffle from me for now,

Ta-Ta

John

RedAlligator is offline Member

Hi John and welcome

To answer your question re curries I would have to say the curries here are not quite the same as in the UK. I dont think anyway. You can get a decent curry here but just be prepared that its certainly not what you will be used to from the UK. I love Indian food and must admit that is something I do miss as for me, its just not as good, although saying that have still managed to find some decent ones in Auckland. Saying that though, you do get used to what you get here.

Where in NZ are you coming to or is that dependant on jobs?

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hey, welcome, welcome, welcome. You sound like you're gonna fit in around here just fine.

Taffy bolt the bloody doors and don't let anymore in!!!!!

Just kidding, honest!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum

You can get curries AND corrie, but not Hollyoaks I'm aftraid (I've never seen it here, anyway) and corrie is way behind the UK apparently. I say apparently because I never watch it, it's just we had some disgruntled visitors from the UK who were not amused it was so far behind!

Dawn - What do you mean, bolt the doors and don't let any more in? If I'm bolting the doors its to stop the looneys escaping!!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Job

Hi MonkeyControl.
    Have you tried the search4jobs site and the local newspapers in NZ? We have The Beacon, then there is the Bay of Plenty Times and the New Zealand Herald. There are always jobs in there, I have just had a look in the Herald and there are plenty of engineering jobs. Hope this helps.
    Vee

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

John. Welcome to MoveToNZ.

Sorry, can't help on the curry front as I'm not in NZ yet, but I've heard there's good and bad, depending on where you live. It's probably a case of search and find and a lot of tasting along the way .

As for the job agents, have you got a firm date for moving down to NZ yet? If you could give them a firm date it might drum up a bit more interest.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Dawn - What do you mean, bolt the doors and don't let any more in? If I'm bolting the doors its to stop the looneys escaping!!
    Then I'll throw my dinner at the walls of my padded cell until you relent and allow me to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin again!! I am not a looney it's all them others, that's why the pink- eyed pin-head people only whiisper in my ears
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Then I'll throw my dinner at the walls of my padded cell until you relent and allow me to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin again!!
    Dawn? Is that you? I can hear you but I can't see you! Did they get you too? I think Bermy Girl is on the other side of you. We have to escape!!

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBda View Post
    ... I think Bermy Girl is on the other side of you. We have to escape!!
    Actually...these days a padded cell is looking like the best option... For those of you that don't keep up with current affairs in Bermuda...why the hell would you...the government has gone completely barmy...I think Shellbda and I are probably safer in padded cells...

Sorry, about all this hijacking...some of us are just out of control...

Welcome to the forum...

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I dunno, I kinda like it in here. Most of the other inmates are friendly, and those that aren't are quickly pelted with cold gruel. ...Mmmm, gruel

That box room sounds a bit scary though, if it's been left for 6 years. You might just want to leave that stuff behind. Who knows what has mutated in there while you weren't looking

OK, so how did you choose MonkeyControl as a tag, and does it have anything to do with the llama avatar? Just wondering.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast