Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all!

Bunstar is offline Member

Default Hello all!

Hello!

Thought I should register and introduce myself to you all as I have visited the forum lots over the past few months to get loads of useful hints and tips whilst preparing our ITA. Feel it?s only fair that I should now give something back and stop being an anonymous ?guest?!!

My name?s Clare, I?m 30 years old and I currently live in Manchester with my boyfriend John (who?s 37). We?ve been together for 10 years and have been talking about leaving the UK for pastures new for about the last four years! After getting fed up of talking about how great it could be we finally realised talking was getting us no closer to our dream so we submitted our EOI last September with just 110 points and no job offers.

I?m used to being the one in charge so it was hard for me to submit the application with John as the principal applicant, but as an Electronic Design Engineer he?s more in demand than me! I currently work as a civil servant (please don?t fall asleep!!) and I have a degree in Law and Spanish. Haven?t a clue what I?m going to do when we get over there and so am taking stress out on John to make sure he gets a fab job so I can become a lady of leisure!

Anyway to cut a long story short (the long story involves lots of stress re missing paperwork, submitting our ITA with stuff still pending and lots of pre interview nerves!!) we found out on 6th June 2007 that our Residence Application has been Approved in Principle so we just need to send our passports off for our visas! Am very excited but also very scared!!

We are currently planning to move out to NZ in November and I?m only just starting to realise just how much we?ve got to do before we can go!! (I don?t even want to think about cleaning out the box room full of boxes that haven?t been touched since we moved into this house 6 years ago!! Argggghhhhh!!! )

I?ll stop boring you (sorry it?s so long got carried away!!) and say thanks for all the help you?ve all given us so far (without even realising it!) and I get the feeling am going to be bombarding you all with lots of questions in the coming months! So I?ll apologise now!

Clare

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Let me be the first to say Welcome! and Congratulations!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the forum from me too, and a big WOOHOO on receiving your AIP!!

Where are you planning on heading to?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Kia Ora Clare,

Firstly, a big to the MoveToNZ forum and secondly, stop apologising You certainly didn't bore us - we love hearing about the highs, lows and in-betweens of moving to NZ. You'll find that almost anything goes on here, so perhaps we should be apologising to you in advance

So, post away anything you feel like and enjoy the forum

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Clare,

to MoveToNZ from me, too.

Looking forward to having you bombard us with your questions as, along with its quirky members , that's what makes the forum tick .

Many congratulations on gaining PR. What a great feeling that must be.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hi Clare. nice to have you with us. Just one question.....Did you know your other half's away with the fairies? Sorry to have broach this so early in our relationship but I do so like to get things out in the open!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Just one question.....Did you know your other half's away with the fairies?
    Why??

Edited to add: Ah, I just figured it out

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Did you know your other half's away with the fairies? Sorry to have broach this so early in our relationship but I do so like to get things out in the open!
    Dawn, you have a winning way with people. Did anyone ever tell you?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

...to the forum... You did read the small print before joining didn't you...the bit about padded cells and nut jobs....or ducks and swans swimming about... we're happy to have you join our ranks!

Bunstar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hi Clare,

Welcome to the forum from me too, and a big WOOHOO on receiving your AIP!!

Where are you planning on heading to?
    Thanks Taffy and thanks to you all for the warm welcome it's lovely to get so many replies! In answer to your question Taffy we're really not sure where we are heading to yet, all depends on where John can get work really. At the mo we're looking mainly at the south of the north island..Wellington, Palmerston North, Gisbourne etc (which is the area i'm leaning towards at the moment) but we're also considering the east of the south island...Christchurch, Canterbury etc

Just one question.....Did you know your other half's away with the fairies? Sorry to have broach this so early in our relationship but I do so like to get things out in the open!
    Girl after my own heart Dawn...no point beating around the bush!! Yes he is completely and utterly barking mad and he thinks he's a comedy genius! (I try to tell him he's not but the wounded puppy dog look he does gets to me every time!!) Why was it again that I'm moving to the other side of the world with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Bermy Girl View Post
    ...to the forum... You did read the small print before joining didn't you...the bit about padded cells and nut jobs....or ducks and swans swimming about... we're happy to have you join our ranks!
    Errmmmm, small print???? Didn't see any of that small print...damn they know our names now too...there's no escape!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast