Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been around a while

firing1 is offline Member

Talking Been around a while

Hi all,
    My name is Paul Goddard and I moved to NZ in 2003 with my wife Julie and kids Zoe and Sam. It's been a rollercoaster ride but I wouldn't change anything. I have ran two business's since being here, worked helping people settle and now work for New Life New Zealand. I was lucky enough to meet Taffy in Tauranga and convince them that moving to Hamilton was the best thing ever and now we've ended up working together (sort of). I enjoy the lifestyle we have here and the opportunity it has given our children to experience new things. Anyhow I promise to post more and give Taffy some rockin music to add to the movetonz radio (I DJ in my spare time).

all the best

Paul

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Paul. An official welcome to the forum. Happy to have you along and hope that your association, and that of NLNZ, with the forum will be a good and lengthy one.

Look forward to hearing your input on the radio soon.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

firing1 is offline Member

Default mmm music

Hi MB,
    Thanks for that. I'm working on some stuff for the station and have a few ideas. Taffy came down to watch me DJ on Friday and we have access to some nice recording gear to make everything sound good. Really sunny here at the Mo even got the BBQ out at the weekend.

all the best

Paul

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Re-welcome to the forum mate

Can't think of much to say to you, other than Did you enjoy the game on Saturday (N.B to members: we went together, our respective other halves were otherwise engaged) and Why didn't we get an invite to your BBQ on the weekend?

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firing1 View Post
    ....... and give Taffy some rockin music to add to the movetonz radio
    Hey, what's wrong with what's on there?? Opshop are on there, what more do you want??

I know - Bush, My Chemical Romance, Nirvana..... ummm, oooo I know - more Westlife!
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 18-06-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hi Paul, I remember reading that Julie had a degree in performing arts and I'm interested to hear her take on the scene out there. Does she work in the field? I'd be interested to hear her take on that too. I'll be interested to hear your input for the radio, I think it's great that everyone always has their own idea about what good music is. It's the same thing at parties isn't it? Peeps go looking through your record collection - 'Come ere get some of this on, this is what you call music!'
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by firing1 View Post
    Hi all,
    My name is Paul Goddard and I moved to NZ in 2003 with my wife Julie and kids Zoe and Sam. It's been a rollercoaster ride but I wouldn't change anything. I have ran two business's since being here, worked helping people settle and now work for New Life New Zealand. I was lucky enough to meet Taffy in Tauranga and convince them that moving to Hamilton was the best thing ever and now we've ended up working together (sort of). I enjoy the lifestyle we have here and the opportunity it has given our children to experience new things.
    Hey Paul! Welcome...sounds funny coming from me when you've been there so much longer...but glad you've decided to try and join the forum a bit more... Now about the Bermy Bandits...really we are sane...somewhat I don't want you getting the wrong impression... Really we are very normal people ...don't listen to a word WG or Taffy say about us... We are very fun loving with a penchant for Rugby and having a good time... And so very excited to be coming out in July to meet everyone...see the AB's play in the Bledisoe Cup... See ya soon...

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

So, is everyone coming to Taffy and WG's place on July 23rd to meet the Bermy Bandits??? Dawn, Paul ??? (Taffy, we are still invited?)

I just need to know how many bottles of rum to bring.

Wonder what Dan is up to.....

Shell

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBda View Post
    So, is everyone coming to Taffy and WG's place on July 23rd to meet the Bermy Bandits???
    No, I think they're hiring a hall now and some bouncers to make sure things don't get out of control. They're also hiring a skip (dumpster) to cope with all the empties and the local hospital has been alerted to keep some beds free in case of alcoholic poisoning. It's all well organised, you know.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Great news! I am glad to hear that all is in order for our visit. Don't forget the red carpet....

MB, if you have some free time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast