Thread: Here we come

scott&vicky is offline Junior Member

Default Here we come

Hi everyone
    Just wanted to introduce myself scott and my partner vicky and we are looking to move out to new zealand in the summer 2008.
    we thought it would be good to chat to fellow brits who have already made the move to new zealand.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Scott and Vicky. Great to have you with us.

I haven't made the move yet myself, still waiting in the wings, but just wanted to welcome you aboard. How far along are you with your application? Hope it's all going well for you.

Looking forward to seeing you around here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

scott&vicky is offline Junior Member

well we dont know if we should go with a agent or do it how self

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hey Scott, hey Vicky, concensus on here is keep your money in your pocket and do it yourself. There isn't anything that someone on here can't help you through and you will really need all the cash you can get once you get over there. See what the others say.
    Welcome anyway. Nice to have you along.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

I'm with Dawn on this one. Just finished the process myself and, truthfully, I can't really see how an agent could have been of any help. Short of actually sitting down and filling out the form, everything else involves action on your part--requesting documents, getting the medical exams, etc. etc. I'm not saying any of it is a cakewalk, but neither is it beyond the average person.

Oh, and Welcome!

<on edit>If you are planning to go in Summer '08, you'd better get on the stick now. From submitting my EOI to getting my blue stickers took just about 11 months. It may take less time depending on your particular situation, but it's easier to make the process take longer than it is to make it take less time.
    Last edited by KiwiHopeful; 18-06-2007 at 08:13 AM.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome from me too

Agents have their place (reputable ones anyway!) as they can ensure that what you submit to NZIS is correct, and that can save you a lot of stress or even being declined! Apart from that, pretty much anyone can do it themselves.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by scott&vicky View Post
    Hi everyone
    Just wanted to introduce myself scott and my partner vicky and we are looking to move out to new zealand in the summer 2008.
    we thought it would be good to chat to fellow brits who have already made the move to new zealand.

Shellbda (best mate) and I are also planning on moving out around the same time. We have not started processing our paperwork yet either, but we are going to submit our EOI's and then head down there in July 2008 and try finding jobs, we have been told it's easier to get a job once you're in NZ. Welcome and enjoy the local nuts aboard this wacky forum...we're harmless really!