Thread: Long Term Shortage Skill-Architect?

parulbalpande is offline Junior Member

Smile Long Term Shortage Skill-Architect?

Hi friends,
    I have just joined this forum.
    Let me introduce myself.
    I am an architect with 8-10 years experience , currently working in Bahrain.
    I am interested in migrating to NZ, hence have joined the forum to share and learn.
    i would like to know if a Architect is on the Long Term Shortage Skill List?
    i chked in the List, it does not seem to be very clear as it mentions only about construction design Engineers etc.
    Can someone tell me?
    Last edited by parulbalpande; 05-06-2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Parulbalpande,

to the forum.

Looking on the Immediate Skill Shortage List architect is mentioned on there.

I can't see anything for you on the Long Term Skill Shortages List.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Question Total Points for EOI

Thanks so much for ur reply
    My Qualifications& Age put together provide me 75 points.

i would like to know if i can earn points on the following-
    -would i get any points for being on ISSL?
    -would i get points for work experience (8-10 years) for my skill (Architect), even though i do not have a NZ job offer for it?
    -would i get points for my qualification in an identified future growth area or cluster, again without job offer?
    -my partner is a diploma in automobile engineering...with 10 years experience in the mechanical feild. would his qualifications gt recognised and hence gain some points?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

The ISSL isn’t the same as the LTSSL. It’s used for awarding work visas/permits rather than residence visas, so I wouldn’t think you would get points for it. If you apply for a work visa and your job offer is on the ISSL then your employer doesn't need to prove that he/she looked for a NZ resident to do the job before offering it to you. It looks like the best way forward for you is to try to get a job and then a Work Visa. I haven’t been able to find out yet if being an architect will allow you to progress on to PR. At the top of the ISSL, in blue, it says that it applies to Work Permit applicants with a job offer. Just because your job title appears in the ISSL doesn't mean that you can automatically go on to applying for PR unfortunately.

Some of this is explained on here. Immediate Skills Shortage List

Under Trades Occupations – Motor Mechanic - on the LTSSL , it mentions Automotive Engineering. Would this be the same as Automobile Engineering? I suppose it depends in what section of Automotive Engineering your partner works as to whether it will come under the LTSSL.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Architect-Long term skilled shortage list

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Parulbalpande,

to the forum.

Looking on the Immediate Skill Shortage List architect is mentioned on there.

I can't see anything for you on the Long Term Skill Shortages List.
    Hi MB,
    thanx so much......
    i just assumed that...... from the category...
    Professional Engineer ( Design Engineer, Civil Engineer)....and i just thought maybe they missed out on architecture.......????????