Thread: Hello from Jakarta!

mowiekatz is offline Junior Member

Post Hello from Jakarta!

Hi All!!

My name is Silvie and I'm from Jakarta - Indonesia.

Anyway.. I really really want to work and live in New Zealand. I graduated from Secretary academy and have 6 years working experiences in secretarial and administrative job.

I got questions. anybody can advise?.. :

1. How much is my chance to get a job in NZ?
    2. Is there any employer who would like to hire foreign worker in this sector?
    3. What other skills that I must have to broaden my chance of getting hired?

Thank you all for your kind attention.

regards,

silvie

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Silvie

Welcome to the forum.

Getting a job in NZ is easier if you are there because potential employers seem to like to see applicants on a face to face basis and, of course, you are more attractive to them because you are already in the country and not just thinking about it. It shouldn’t be too difficult to find a job with your skills and it shouldn’t make any difference that you are Asian as there are many Asians working in NZ already. There may be the odd one or two employers who prefer to hire Europeans or Americans, but that’s their loss.

Do you know if your qualification from Secretary Academy is recognised by NZIS? This is important because the number of points you can get for a qualification and work experience is what helps you to be accepted for Permanent Residency. Also if your job is a managerial type position that will help because those jobs are on the skills shortages list. It’s a good starting point.

Once you find out if you qualify to apply for PR, you will know which way to go. If you don’t have enough points, the next best thing is to find a job and apply for a Work Permit. This is not a permanent solution because the WP is only a temporary measure and will not get you PR. You can, however, extend your WP when it runs out. You can get WPs from 1 – 3 years so having one will allow you to stay in NZ for up to 3 years, then you can apply to extend.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default RE : Hello from Jakarta!

hi Mother Bear

Thank you for your advise.

Yes.. I'm sure that it's easier to get a job IF I'm at New Zealand.. but that's the situation that is very hard to do FOR NOW.

Do you have any info about any trusted agency that offer help for foreign worker to get a job there? Whose service had already proven.

I was interested in SkillsNZ,but after reading some statement from ppl who had be frauded by them.. I really must look for another agency/org.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mowiekatz View Post
    Do you have any info about any trusted agency that offer help for foreign worker to get a job there? Whose service had already proven.

I was interested in SkillsNZ,but after reading some statement from ppl who had be frauded by them.. I really must look for another agency/org
    Did you read on the website page that we have teamed up with an agency that deals with jobs and also visas? If you're quick you may still be able to contact them as they have a special offer until the end of this month where you can get a free assessment. Just click on the blue name of the company and it will take you to their site. It may be worth looking at.
    Mother Bear

Default any experience with New Life New Zealand??

Hi Motherbear.. I'm back to the forum

And hello to all ppl in the forum.

I've read the website (movetonz.org) but I couldn't find one agency that offer free assesment , BUT there's one recommended name by the site that is New Life New Zealand. For the assesment fee only pay for ?47, and then pay them a success fee IF we find a job through them.

Anybody has a success / good / bad experience with New Life New Zealand? I really need to make sure that they're credible.

I know that it will be much easier to find a job if I'm already residing in NZ, but I'd like to take my chance to already get a job BEFORE moving there. I really wish wish wish

Hope to hear from you all!

thanks

silvie
    jakarta
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mowiekatz View Post
    I've read the website (movetonz.org) but I couldn't find one agency that offer free assesment , BUT there's one recommended name by the site that is New Life New Zealand. For the assesment fee only pay for £47, and then pay them a success fee IF we find a job through them.
    Hi Silvie,

It was a special offer that was only open until the end of May, so I'm afraid you missed it. New Life New Zealand is the only agency that is recommended on the forum.

We haven't had any bad comments about New Life New Zealand, so far, and I hope that's good news. Certainly a lot of people have registered with them during the promotional period so it's just a matter of time for the process to go through. As far as we know, they are a respectable company with good and impressive contacts so there's a lot at stake if they fail their clients.

It would be difficult to guarantee that everyone will get a job through them because it depends on what types of job are available at the time and whether the positions are suitable to match the clients' skills. It's good that you don't have to pay anything further if they don't find you a job, though.
    Mother Bear

firing1 is offline Member

Hi Silva,
    I hope you got my email today but the good news is that you did register with us before(when it was free) and we have some of your details but just need your CV. Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Goddard
    New Life New Zealand