Thread: Can you help me?

tia_rhymes is offline Junior Member

Question Can you help me?

Hello to you all

My name is Tia and I am looking to emigrate to NZ. I am British and live & work in London.

So far I know that I should apply under the family category, as my husband is a Kiwi.

I have just returned from a 5week holiday, to check whether I would like it, and quite frankly, I have fallen in love with NZ.

I have no idea where to start and would like to do it the best and cheapest way possible.

While in Wellington, I went to Malcom Pacific, and could not believe that they quoted $10,000 to get me a residents permit!

All the info will be appreciated.

I look forward to reading your posts.... and gaining the know how so that I can confidently proceed with the application.

Many thanks

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Tia,

Welcome to the forum!!
    $10,000!!!!! OUCH! I think you might want to look elsewhere

The cheapest way by far is DIY. I don't think the partner sponsorship route is particularly tough, it's more a case of providing the right kind of evidence.

Anyway, stick around and post any questions you've got. Perhaps you can also tell us what made you fall in love with NZ?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Tia. Welcome to MoveToNZ.

I'm sure you could do a lot of other things with that $10,000. With your hubby being a kiwi it gives you a good foot in the door to NZ so it's just a matter of lining your ducks up in the right order and you should be fine. Good start that you loved the country - bet hubby was relieved about that.

If you have any specific questions to ask, just fire away on the main forum and we'll dive in and try to help you out.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default I dont know where to start

Thank you so much for replying, hopefully you all will be able to give me handy hints that will get me lining up my ducks in order.

To answer your question.... Whats not to like about NZ????

Its lush, its green, its blue.... its beautiful! Whats more, you are always nearer to nearer to water! The colors of the ocean/ sea are stunning. Riveting infact. There so much more I can say, but words do not suffice!!!!

The calm, laid back friendly lifestyle is just what we need.... London is turning into a rat race, where even though pay is better for some, the quality of life sucks for those with a meager income.

Also with the conditions of London, I would prefer to bring up my children in an environment that is safer and clean. In NZ the air one breathes is pure.

Dont get me wrong... England is home and even though I love London and our social scene, everything is getting even more expensive and as we get older, we want a nice, lovely, friendly quiet place for ourselves.

I guess its cause priorities change with years.... we are not old yet though!!!

No, we do not have any children yet.... but plan on having them, once we are ready to move.

Blog Entries

Well you certainly sound like you've got it all planned out!

Now, lets get all those little duckies in a row.....
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

he he he

I can only try.

I remember once being told.... never think that a dream is unachievable.... So here I am trying to achieve it.

Life however is uncanny, things dont always pan out like we like them to.... all we can do is try and hope it will turn out the way we want it too.

What about you? what is your dream?

Blog Entries

What's my dream? I'm already living it

I'll put your question out on the main forum, as it might get missed up here in the introductions!
    Taffy

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    What's my dream? I'm already living it
    PLEASE...don't get Shellbda started again with all this talk about dreams...

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Too late!! Last night I had this great dream.........

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBda View Post
    Too late!! Last night I had this great dream.........
    And.......?

We're waiting patiently for all the juicy details. You know how we like a good dream , especially when it's one of yours. Who was in it this time? Have Dan and Dave been deposed? Was it the sleeping tablets or the drink that got you? Was there drool involved or did you just go for the smudged mascara look?

Darn it, I don't seem to dream any more, unless I just don't remember them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.