Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Introduce Yourself - Now Closed

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default The Old Introduce Yourself - Now Closed

Welcome to Move To NZ!

Introduce yourselves here, and let us know a bit about your plans!

If you want to see who else has introduced themselves in the past, you can see the old topic in Taffy's Cafe! ;)
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

woowar is offline Junior Member

Default hello, Tom here :)

well I thought I might start things off on this thread...

My name is Tom and I am now here in Auckland with my partner Rachel, after firsting submitting our EOI back in October last year, being accepted in April and subsequently moving our here at the end of July.

If you want a little more info, we have a blog which details our travels in the far east (3 weeks) and our move here to NZ

http://kuddlykoalas.blogspot.com

If there's any other Aucklanders on here then feel free to email me at thomasjwoods@hotmail.com

Tom :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Introduce Yourself!

Hi Tom,

A hearty welcome to the forum. I'm sure fellow members will enjoy reading your blog. Good to know that you're doing fine in Auckland, long may it continue. Being quite newly arrived, if you'd care to post some of your experiences, good or bad, on here I'm sure everyone would be interested to read about them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

embalmer is offline Junior Member

Default hello

hi my name is julie and i`am new to this site, but i`am thankful i found it as i think its going to help me lots!!! iam an embalmer (hence the user name) and am in the u.k but i really want to be in NZ :icon_wink:
    Does anyone know about applying for a job before doing an expression of interest? i thought if i got a job offer this would gain me points but what happens if i get a job and the EOI takes to long and i lose it? can anyone explain how to go about this please?

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hello Julie. A morbidly fascinating career you have :icon_biggrin: . Having a job offer will get you more points when submitting your EOI, and you are likely to get a work visa which would get you there while you await PR.

That's about all I know, especially since I just got the call for supper. Good luck & welcome to Taffy's Joint.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Julia ::):

I'm curious - did you actually decide to become an embalmer or was it just the path your career took at some point in time?? :017:

Anyway, as Selchie said, having a job offer will benefit you when it comes to submitting your EOI, although it's not a necessity, but it will speed up your application if you have a job waiting for you!

Good luck :icon_biggrin:

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: hello

Quote Originally Posted by embalmer
    iam an embalmer
    At least I don't think you will be crushed in the stampede for jobs in NZ Interesting job but is there much call for it these days? Perhaps it encompasses a variety of procedures though, not only the one we laymen think of as embalming. Anyway, welcome to the forum and let's hope you can find some useful information from here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Did the TV show "Six Feet Under" make it to the UK? It was about a family in the funeral biz. I have heard raves, but don't get the premium channel it was on. Must rent it sometime.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

embalmer is offline Junior Member

thank-you everyone for your replies, its really made me feel welcome. yes i chose to become an embalmer (7 theory exams and a practical exam to get there!) it is interesting and i enjoy it very much. in the u.k the trend for embalming is becoming more and more popular and funeral directors try to encourage it for the interest of everyone who will come into contact with the body (i.e family, funeral staff etc) it stops the spread of infection and disease and especially the bacterial decay of the body from which the living are at risk from, should they come into contact with it. also embalming ensures death has occurred as we test for death and use the bodies arterial system (arteries etc) ive spoken to a few NZ embalmers and they say about 90% of cases are embalmed there, so thats pretty good for me!! lol
    yes six foot under made it to the u.k, i think they should hve shown a bit more embalming myself, but hey thats me. just like to say my `clients` do not sit and speak to me from the other side of the room while i`am working on their bodies though, like they sometimes do on six foot,lol which i must add i`m rather relieved that they dont lol.

johnbosco is offline Junior Member

Default hello members

hello people.
    My name is alexander am male from nigeria.
    well cant rally say much , but am new in here and i would love to know lots on new zealand, as i became interested in NZ bcos of a movie i watched(lord of the rings) which i heard some scenes were shot here in NZ .
    anyway i love the sights and sounds of the country.
    and would really want to know how to get there.as a student or a skilled worker.

thanks

JB

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast