Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pugwash100

Thread: On my way

Pugwash100 is offline Junior Member

Red face On my way

Just as a way of introduction. I have just received my visa and am looking to move early next year.
    I am a recently widowed man of almost 65 years currently working in Dubai but of UK origin. My Daughter has sponsored me
    I now need to sort a few things out and start the next big adventure.

DunK
    Asif likes this.

Asif is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Want to be touched with you

Will you please inform me how's the easiest process that you had processed? Or simply I wanna your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Asif View Post
    Will you please inform me how's the easiest process that you had processed? Or simply I wanna your help.
    My Daughter sponsored me and I applied for tier 1 status. My "Expression of interest" was submitted before Easter and this was accepted early May. I was then invited to apply for resident visa and did this early June. The Embassy contacted me and after paying the correct amount the visa was put in my passport.
    Hardest thing was Police report from UK as this could only be done by post and seemed to take ages. The Police report for the country I live in was done on line and except for a brief visit to a local police station for identification took about 3 days.

You do need every bit of paper you can lay your hands on. including your birth certificates the kids birth certificates. As my wife has died I also had to have proof of her death. All my school and industrial training certs, in fact the more the merrier. All have to be attested or certified as original including a certified copy of your passport.

Best to assemble everything before applying so just make one go at it. All the stuff and guidance can be downloaded from NZ web site.
    The process its self is not difficult it is just having everything to hand and meeting their criteria.

DunK

glenda71 is offline Member

Hi! just want to ask you. Did you move. Iam just having same conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by glenda71 View Post
    Hi! just want to ask you. Did you move. Iam just having same conditions.
    Yes. Moved over and now live in a 1972 Bedford bus. Travel all over the place. Great adventure

DunK