Thread: Partner joining me in NZ

Lingency is offline Junior Member

Default Partner joining me in NZ

Hi there,
    Im new to this forum i just found out about it today while i was searching for info on visas and how to go about bringing my girlfriend and her daughter over to NZ to live with me.

I am a male of 18 years of age, starting a computer repair apprenticeship for 2 years in july, i have next to no qualifications unfortunately

She is 32 years of age, has an interest in caregiving and has a bit of work experience in it,she also unfortunately doesnt have any qualifications but has years of work experience
    she also has a daughter who is turning five in december

Now i know alot of people wouldnt agree with the difference in our age, but as they say, love knows no boundaries, and i truly think being together would make us both happy

I met her online 6 months ago, we got talking and we are both madly in love with each other, we definitely plan on getting married in the near future

if anyone has any advice on the process i would much appreciate any help i can get, because right now it feels a little like it will be an uphill struggle

Thanks!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Lingency, welcome to MTNZ .

It looks like your only route for bringing your girlfriend into NZ long term would be to sponsor her as a partner but, with your age and low earning capability, I would imagine that may be fraught with problems, looking at it from INZ's point of view. You only just scrape into the age requirement. Also you haven't lived or spent any time together previously, I'm assuming, to prove your relationship is genuine and stable. You would need to prove you could fully support her and her child and don't underestimate what this involves. You can read more about it here. The requirements for getting into NZ long term are pretty strict so I'm not sure what to suggest. Had you been older and earning a reasonable salary or had your girlfriend had certain job skills needed in NZ, it may have been worth looking at but, as it is, I'm not sure you would get very far with INZ. Sorry it's not better news.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Lingency, welcome to MTNZ .

It looks like your only route for bringing your girlfriend into NZ long term would be to sponsor her as a partner but, with your age and low earning capability, I would imagine that may be fraught with problems, looking at it from INZ's point of view. You only just scrape into the age requirement. Also you haven't lived or spent any time together previously, I'm assuming, to prove your relationship is genuine and stable. You would need to prove you could fully support her and her child and don't underestimate what this involves. You can read more about it here. The requirements for getting into NZ long term are pretty strict so I'm not sure what to suggest. Had you been older and earning a reasonable salary or had your girlfriend had certain job skills needed in NZ, it may have been worth looking at but, as it is, I'm not sure you would get very far with INZ. Sorry it's not better news.
    thanks its good to be here :)
    yes you have some very good points there and thats what i was worried about, however i shall not give up!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck to you both. I hope you can find a way through this if you are so determined to be together.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Good luck to you both. I hope you can find a way through this if you are so determined to be together.
    thank you it looks like we'll need the luck but ill find a way.