Thread: ITA Submitted w/out IELTS but with five years New Zealand experience

asaaron is offline Junior Member

Default ITA Submitted w/out IELTS but with five years New Zealand experience

Hi there, i would like to know something SMC PR procedure.
    My timeline is as follows.
    EOI submitted: 24th August 2011
    EOI selected 7th September 2011
    ITA Received 28th September 2011
    ITA Submitted 3rd November 2011
    Now Waiting for any questions from CO.

I've some of questions in my mind so if anyone can help please.
    1-Is case officer is different from officer who sent out the ITA coz on my ITA officer said he will manage my application but i read many post here saying that officer allocated after ITA lodgement.
    1-I've submitted the ITA without the IELTS because i am working here in nz for past 5 years full time and permanent and on my ITA they didn't ask for IELTS but they did ask for my school education.
    2-I have a job in Level one of appendix 6 of operational manual,but my NZQA report is of level 5 will this is gonna be a problem , or can i substitute my education with 5 year experience as it said in skilled migrant category.
    3-My medical was listed as " Received " on 24th of November is it accepted already or will there gonna be any questions about medical?

thank you in advance if anyone can help,
    regards,
    asaaron

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by asaaron View Post
    I've some of questions in my mind so if anyone can help please.
    1-Is case officer is different from officer who sent out the ITA coz on my ITA officer said he will manage my application but i read many post here saying that officer allocated after ITA lodgement.
    1-I've submitted the ITA without the IELTS because i am working here in nz for past 5 years full time and permanent and on my ITA they didn't ask for IELTS but they did ask for my school education.
    2-I have a job in Level one of appendix 6 of operational manual,but my NZQA report is of level 5 will this is gonna be a problem , or can i substitute my education with 5 year experience as it said in skilled migrant category.
    3-My medical was listed as " Received " on 24th of November is it accepted already or will there gonna be any questions about medical?
    1. You should only have one case officer with whom you can communicate directly and, as far as I know, you get a case officer after your ITA has been accepted.
    1. They may still come back to ask for a IELTS but I would think having worked in NZ for the last 5 years would be a good indication that you have a working knowledge of the English language.
    2. Not sure about this one.
    3. If your medical was received by INZ back in November 2011, I would think you should have heard something by now if there was any obvious problem. They tend to come back quite quickly asking for further tests etc. if there is something in the medical that stands out as a problem.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Please Help again

thank you mother bear for previous answer.
    1 - Now its been more then four months they haven't come back to me for any medical inquiry so you think is it all good.

2 - they verify my employment details from me and my employer on February 20th but after that no communication till now.

My questions is that they guy who confirm my job he was from verification unit was he my case officer or there will be some one else 2ndly why they are taking so long just like i said it earlier i have five year experience etc etc. should i contact the guy who have sent me my ITA, or is it good to wait a while please help anyone have PR approved from henderson branch NZ.

Blog Entries

INZ aren't always quick in coming back to applicants. It can depend on how busy the branch is, whether the people involved may go on holiday or sick leave, things like that which may delay a final decision. If INZ haven't come back to you to say there is a problem, I would hope everything is going ahead. If they have verified your job details, I would assume there is no problem with your medical. You can always get in touch to see how things are going but I would hope you will hear something soon anyway. Don't be afraid to contact them if you are concerned.
    Mother Bear

Default hi please help one more time.

thanks you so much for the answers before bear,
    hope i am not bothering you much, i did contact to my officers 1-who have sent me ITA 2- verification officer, both replied that no CO is on my application yet.
    I have few question which i want to clarify because time is passing and me & mrs have only time till end of July.

1- My occupation is skill level 1 and for that to be called " skilled " according to definition on INZ website.

The occupation is included in part A of the List of Skilled Occupations held at Appendix 6 of the Operational Manual and the principal applicant can demonstrate that their offer of employment or current employment substantially matches the description for that occupation (including core tasks) as set out in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) and has either:

a relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications (the Register) that corresponds to the indicative skill level described for that occupation in the ANZSCO; or
    the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification; or
    the relevant requirements specified in column three of the Long Term Skill Shortage List for their occupation (if their occupation is included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List; or
    five years of relevant work experience in a Skill Level One occupation

according to ANZSCO i must have a bachelor degree to make it a skilled occupation, now i have a bachelor degree in computer science which is relevant to my occupation but NZQA granted me a level 5

1 - now my question is will the accept a bachelor degree with level 5 or will they reject my case.
    2 - I have another option to use my 5 year relevant experience to substitute formal qualification but will they give me points for qualification even if they consider me skilled through my NZ relevant experience but not by qualification.

3- this is not relevant to my case but is "emigrantnz " is also your website coz i can login there as well with same user id and pass but i can't make post there i did once but not after that can you please activate this account there as well because i want people to see this post and share their experience it will really help me to get ready as my case is already in they already done the verification but no sign of CO yet. please help me i am really worried, thanks.

regards\
    asaaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by asaaron View Post

3- this is not relevant to my case but is "emigrantnz " is also your website coz i can login there as well with same user id and pass but i can't make post there i did once but not after that can you please activate this account there as well
    No, sorry, this website is nothing to do with emigratenz so can't help you with that. Probably you registered on both sites with the same login details and, if you haven't posted on there for a long time, they might possibly have cancelled your membership.

With regard to your other queries, it depends what INZ are asking for ie. if they have stated on the LTSSL that you need a level 7, then I guess that's the only thing they would accept. I would think INZ would only give you points for a qualification that relates to your work experience and vice versa. They need to be connected.
    Mother Bear