Thread: residency visa

elizabeth is offline Junior Member

Default residency visa

hi i am a New Zealander born in the Cook Islands, I am married to Nigerian and want to know how do we go about getting him residency visa

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome

You could take a look at the Partnership Category. Follow some of the relevant links and you should get some idea of what's required. If you need further help, come back if you have specific questions after reading through the link contents .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default visa

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi and welcome

You could take a look at the Partnership Category. Follow some of the relevant links and you should get some idea of what's required. If you need further help, come back if you have specific questions after reading through the link contents .
    hi, i am helpin my husband who is now in Benin Nigeria, to fill in his visitor visa for 12 months, would he need a police certificate?

Blog Entries

If your husband is applying for any long term visa like residency or a work permit he would need to get a police certificate. This is the page for Nigeria. If he is just applying for a visit visa, I don't think he needs one. It should state on his application form if he needs one but it's normally for people who are visiting etc. for more than 24 months.
    Mother Bear

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth View Post
    hi, i am helpin my husband who is now in Benin Nigeria, to fill in his visitor visa for 12 months, would he need a police certificate?
    because he is in Nigeria and i am helping him fill out his application, my problem is when he signature his application i would email his forms to him to sign and he would email it back to me with his signature........is that exceptable, he can not understand

Blog Entries

I would guess that INZ would want the original signature on his application. They can be a bit picky about having originals or certified copies of things. You could try ringing your local INZ branch and asking them in case there is any way you can do it via email, otherwise he may have to sign it and send it to you by post or courier it for speed. If there is an INZ branch in his country he could hand it in there but I wouldn't like to say how long his application would take to process there. The normal practice, I think, is for him to apply from his own country, so if you are speaking to INZ about his signature, you could also check with them that it's OK for you to deal with it. It's better to get it right so you don't lose valuable time going about it the wrong way.
    Mother Bear

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    I would guess that INZ would want the original signature on his application. They can be a bit picky about having originals or certified copies of things. You could try ringing your local INZ branch and asking them in case there is any way you can do it via email, otherwise he may have to sign it and send it to you by post or courier it for speed. If there is an INZ branch in his country he could hand it in there but I wouldn't like to say how long his application would take to process there. The normal practice, I think, is for him to apply from his own country, so if you are speaking to INZ about his signature, you could also check with them that it's OK for you to deal with it. It's better to get it right so you don't lose valuable time going about it the wrong way.
    Hello MotherBear, the reason why i am filling out his application form is he can't read or understand questions and yes i will ring INZ thank you

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth View Post
    Hello MotherBear, the reason why i am filling out his application form is he can't read or understand questions and yes i will ring INZ thank you
    after filling in applications would i be able to take my hasbands applications and sponsor forms etc. to immigration here or would i have to send it back to south africa INZ?

Blog Entries

It's usual, when someone is making an application from overseas, for the documents to go to the INZ branch in their own country (possibly because it's easier to communicate with someone when they are in the same country) but, by all means, give your local INZ branch a ring first and ask them if you can submit the application there. It's worth a try.
    Mother Bear