Thread: Hi all, UK family wanting to try (again) to move to NZ, what are my options

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Hi all, UK family wanting to try (again) to move to NZ, what are my options

Hi all
    My names Steve, I have a wife (Claire) and 2 kids (Rupert, 8 & Isaac, 6) and I stumbled across the site about 8 years ago when planning our first assault on the wonderful shores of NZ.
    After arriving on a WHV and failing to get a job high enough up to land PR, we had to return back in 2006.
    A lot's changed since then I'm sure (not just me going bald and getting fat[ter]) so I'm gonna approach this as a whole new project from Research to arriving in NZ by the time Rupert turns 12 I hope.
    The questions that immediately spring to mind are, is it possible to get a WHV more tha once
    How does being 28 and 2 kids compared to 22 and 2 kids affect points
    and if I went down Entrepeneur route, does it still exist, does the above question apply and how much do you need. I'm sure it was like 250k before is that right?

I have so much to brush up on.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyC View Post
    ...... and I stumbled across the site about 8 years ago when planning our first assault on the wonderful shores of NZ.
    Yeah, stumbled across it and fell right in . And we were glad to have you along despite all the chaos that ensued after some of your posts .

Glad to hear NZ is back on your horizon. Some of the rules and regulations regarding visa applications have changed a bit and INZ (formerly NZIS) has revamped their site to make it more user-friendly (which is debatable) .

And no, unfortunately, you can't have more than one WHV.

To be eligible

You must:

•usually be permanently living in the United Kingdom – this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you lodge your application
    •have a British passport that‘s valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
    •be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
    •not bring children with you
    •hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket**
    •have a minimum of NZ$350 per month of stay available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
    •meet our health and character requirements
    •be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
    •not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.

From here.

I don't think it makes much difference if you put in an application now compared to when you made one before, agewise, other than not being able to apply for another WHV. You can check out the entrepreneur thing here.

Hope Claire and the boys are doing well.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.