Thread: work permit

tarri is offline Junior Member

Default work permit

hi there, i just wanna ask if how many times where you allow to apply extension of work permit?

tanx

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Tarri, welcome.

I've been working in New Zealand under a temporary work visa, which allows me to work here for two years. Can I have this time extended?

You may be able to apply for a new work visa to extend your stay and work in New Zealand. Work visas may be granted for up to three years, but there is no limit on how many times you can apply for and get a new visa.

Whether or not you’re eligible for a new visa will depend on the reason you were granted your initial visa (some categories have 'total' time restrictions), and whether you meet the application criteria when you apply for the new visa.

From here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default work permit

i am currently holding work permit and still working, you have said work visa and how about work permit, is there a limit on extending work permit, i mean how many times to allow of renewing work permit?

Default another question

i have another question,i studied Certificate in Applied technology and intensive english in new zealand, i am currently working for nearly 2 years but it is not related to what i have studied, do i get a points to get a Permanent residence here? if ever i have points, how many?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

There's no such thing as a permit any more, they stopped in October 2010. Now there are just visas, so what MotherBear posted applies to you.

You may be able to claim points for your qualification, or you may be able to claim points for your work experience, however you cannot claim for both as the work does not relate to the qualification.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hi,

There's no such thing as a permit any more, they stopped in October 2010. Now there are just visas, so what MotherBear posted applies to you.
    Just to clarify this a little more - under previous INZ policy, a person would enter NZ from another country holding a work visa which, upon passing through immigration, would be converted into a work permit. As Taffy says, under the new policy, there are no permits any more, only visas. They have become the same thing.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default ok thank you so much................

that's fair enough thank you again......

Default please thanks.

i have a question please, i finished certificate in applied technology level 4, do i get points in expression of interest, and i am currently working, however it is not related to my certificate, do i get points on my work experience?

How about if i apply in an electrical company, do i get points both certificate and work?