Thread: permenant residency

michellek87 is offline Junior Member

Default permenant residency

Hi,

my name is Michelle i am 24. i previously had a New zealand Permanent Residency visa in my passport, i had this for approx 8 years but i have lived 11 years of my life in NZ. My mum and 3 of my brother and sisters live there still. i moved back to Ireland just over 2 years ago. i am planning on moving back with my fiance from the UK and i am currently pregnant and will have the baby in Ireland. i have since had 2 passports but not had my New Zealand visa transferred over into either of my recent passports. will i have any difficulty getting my visa back into my passport or am i even eligible to do that? and if that all works out fine will it be ok for my child to come with me and my partner when we plan to move back in 2 years?

any advice is appreciated. also how do i go about doing this.

FYI - I have lost one passport and had one stolen in the past 2 years so i have only been issued 1 year passports.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Michelle, welcome .

If you had an Indefinite Returning Residents Visa in your passport when you last left NZ, I would hope you should be OK to return again without needing any further documentation. When you say that you have lost a passport and had another one stolen, I take it one of those contained your NZ residency? Or do you still have that in an old passport you still hold? If you have it in an old passport, it's possible to have the visa transferred over to your current passport but it is at a cost. If, as I suspect, the visa was in one of the passports that you have lost, that is a different matter (see below).

With your partner and child, as you are the holder of NZ residency, you should be able to get them in under the Partner/Spouse policy. In this link you will find other links that may help you including one about transferring your residency from old to new passport or it tells you what to do if a passport is lost or stolen. I can't tell from what you say whether you still have your residency sticker or if it has gone.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

michellek87 is offline Junior Member

Talking thank you

thank you for your help mother bear. Much appreciated!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

You're welcome . Good luck with it all.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.