Thread: Hi

kev
    kev is offline Junior Member

Smile Hi

HI ! first time posting from a total newbie on here, myself wife and kids have just returned from the bay of plenty after many years of trying to get there as we have always wanted to emigrate there . We managed to marry at the point lodge run by Anne AND Kerry Guy, big thanks to them , now we need any help or information to assist us on a successful application , thanks in advance if you reply . kev

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Kev, welcome .

Before being able to give you any pointers towards making a residency application, we need to know a bit about your circumstances e.g. your job skills (required for an application under the Skilled Migrant Category) or if your wife is a kiwi or holds NZ residency (required for the Family Category).

I don't know how much you are up to speed with immigration to NZ but suffice to say it isn't always that easy to get in. To start with, have you seen the NZ Immigration website, which is a good place to begin. Look under the Apply section to see how you could qualify to apply. Any questions, come back here and ask away.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

kev
    kev is offline Junior Member

Smile

HI , sorry, i'm a 43 year old award winning tattooist , ive owned my own studio for the last 19 years, so plenty of experience , I've been offered a chance to buy into an existing studio in Thames on the coromandel peninsular , but am unsure if i can do so ? also my wife is a semi qualified accountant so would it be better for her to be the main applicant ? thanks for the reply

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

You could look at the Long Term Business Visa to see if you fit into that category as I don't think being a tatooist is a job skill that comes under the Long Term Skills Shortage List. This is another page that tells you about it. The problem is, I don't know how Immigration NZ would look at your buying into an existing business as opposed to starting your own.

As a fully qualified accountant you wife would probably do better but, being only partially qualified might prevent her from being able to apply.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.