Thread: Working Holiday Maker cum Orchard Supervisor and Orchard Owner offer to Sponsor

Justin Jx NeMo is offline Junior Member

Default Working Holiday Maker cum Orchard Supervisor and Orchard Owner offer to Sponsor

Hello, I am on working holiday here and I started off as an Orchard Worker.
    One day my manager told us he has a vacancy for Orchard Supervisor, which I applied, and got the job.
    Today, the owner of the orchard asked me to stay on and said that he would sponsor me for residency.

I am keen on it, but I would like to find out how to go about getting through all the paperworks with immigration?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Justin, welcome .

I don't know if your employer has looked closely at the residency application requirements. Getting residency in NZ is not as simple as just having a job offer. Unless you are being sponsored by an immediate family member, are intending to start your own business or have a job offer from an accredited employer, the main route to residency is generally through having certain job skills that NZ needs. This means that your job title needs to appear on the Long Term Skill Shortage List. Below are some links to the types of visa and their requirements so you can hopefully see where you fit in.

Skilled Migrant Category
    Work to Residence Visa
    Residence from Work Visa
    List of Accredited Employers showing those involved in the agriculture industry

Go through these options with your employer and see if your job title or circumstances will fit in with the requirements. Once you know what you can apply for, come back with any queries you may have and we'll try to talk you through the process.

Good luck!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Justin Jx NeMo is offline Junior Member

Thanks MotherBear!

I have another question, I have already applied for Working Holidaymaker Extension visa once and has been granted approval. Can I apply again for another extension?

Or is there other work permit that I can apply for?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What if I want to stay longer?

If you applied under the United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme for a 12-month stay and want to stay longer, you can apply to extend your stay for up to 23 months total. You will have to apply in New Zealand by submitting a manual application at an Immigration New Zealand branch before your permit expires. You will need to provide a Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF if you did not provide it with another application.

If you applied under another working holiday scheme and you want to stay longer, you can apply for another type of permit as a temporary worker, student, or resident but you cannot extend your permit under the working holiday scheme.

From here.

You could take a look through here to see if you fit in. The basis of being able to apply for a temporary work permit is that your employer must prove that he can't find a kiwi to do the same job.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.