Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration to New Zealand - Interview Finished on 4th June 2010

mukfornz is offline Junior Member

Default Immigration to New Zealand - Interview Finished on 4th June 2010

Hi All,

I really appreciate about this website, which gives lot of information and help would be Migrants in many ways. Thanks a lot and best wishes for MOVETONZ Group. My name is Mukarram and I am indian, working in Mercedes Benz Group in KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN as Computer Network Administrator. I am in a process of Migrating to NEW ZEALAND.

EOI Submitted: 27th April 2009
    EOI Selected: 6th May 2009 (Points: 135)
    ITA Received: 9th June
    ITA Submitted: 14th July 2009 (BEIJING BRANCH)
    Interview(Telephonic): 4th June 2010

Waiting for the Successful Results!

Kindly let me know, how soon I can expect the results and what will be the probables.
    I can be contacted on Yahoo mail or messenger as mdmukarram_786_2k@yahoo.com.

Thanks again.

BYE

Mukarram.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome Mukarram. If you are applying through Beijing Branch of INZ, it may take a little time because they seem to be slow from what I read about it, but, if you have already had your interview, I hope it won't be much longer. Good luck!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot dear for your quick reply to my thread. Any information, what could be the result of my Interview (Probable)? I am expecting PR / RESIDENCE VISA. Is it possible?

Default Probability of getting PERMANENT RESIDENCY / RESIDENCE VISA of NEW ZEALAND

Dear

Hello.

I am very much worried about the outcome of the Interview which was done on 4th June 2010. May i know, what is the probability of getting PERMANENT RESIDENCY / RESIDENCE VISA of NEW ZEALAND, without Job Offer. Currently, I am working in MERCEDES BENZ GROUP, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN, 11 YEARS GULF EXPERIENCE, EOI Points: 130, Telephonic Interview: 4th June 2010 - Lasted for 25 Minutes but he didn't take the Interview of my Partner. When i asked him, he told that there is no need for it now, as i will go alone first and they will join me after 3 months. CO told that i can hear the result within 2 months, but still waiting to hear very good news. Hope i will get PR.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

MOHAMMAD.

Blog Entries

It is quite possible that you may be offered a Work to Residence Visa instead of PR because you don't have a job offer yet. This visa allows you time to go to NZ, look for work and work there for a few months. It is just a way of proving to INZ that you can find a job and settle well. Once you have done this, you can go on to PR. It is not unusual that the applicant's partner isn't interviewed so don't worry about that.
    Mother Bear

Default Probability of getting PERMANENT RESIDENCY / RESIDENCE VISA of NEW ZEALAND

Dear MotherBear,

Thanks a lot for your information and support. I am trying my best to get a Job Offer from being in Bahrain, but the employers are insisting to provide this to the Locally available in NZ. Even the Employment Agencies are telling to come to NZ first and Register in their office for further Interview & appointments.

But I heard that, some of the Information Technology candidates are getting PR without Job Offer. Is it possible? My occupation is NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR and I have got Bonus Points (25) for Profession & Skills in demand. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Mohammad Mukarram.

Blog Entries

It is usual for INZ to give a WTR visa to people who don't have a job offer but I guess, in the end, it is they who decide who gets PR and who gets a WTR. If you have 140 points or more, then PR is often automatic even without a job offer.
    Mother Bear

Default Immigration to New Zealand - Awaiting Interview Results

Dear MotherBear,

Greetings!

Thanks again for your quick and informative reply. What are chances of getting PR among 100% for the Person without Job Offer from NZ. As you are aware that, most of the organizations & Recruitment Consultants of NZ are prefering locally available candidates for Interview and Screenings. Hence it is very difficult to get the Job Interviews from Outside NZ, I mean from Bahrain.

FYI, during my EOI Submission, I claimed for 140 Points, but got following 130 only:

1. WORK EXPERIENCE OF 10+ Years : 25 Points (Online Application was showing 6+)
    2. POST GRADUATION : 55 Points
    3. AGE - 39 Yrs : 25 Points
    4. EDUCATION IN AREA OF SKILLS SHORTAGE: 15 Points
    5. EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF SKILLS SHORTAGE: 10 Points

Is there need to claim back the full 140 Points or no need for it at this time? Kindly let me know as I am very much confused and worried.

How soon i can expect the result for the Interview done on 4th June 2010 from Beijing Branch. I am bit tensed and worried.

Thanks,

Mukarram.

Blog Entries

It is difficult to say for sure what will happen because the decision to award PR is for the case officer to decide. I would just say that, without a job offer, you have a better chance of getting Work to Residence than direct PR. This does not mean you can't get PR later, but you would first need to find a job and work at it for a certain time. The WTR visa will allow you to travel to NZ and stay for a while to look for work.

6. Residence and Work to Residence visas and permits

If you meet our criteria, and we believe you will settle successfully and contribute to New Zealand, we will offer you a residence visa or permit.

If we think you have potential, but want to see how you settle, we will give you a work to residence visa or permit, which you can use to help obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand for up to nine months. If you obtain skilled employment in this time you will have shown your ability to settle and contribute, and your residence application will be approved.

Please remember that an SMC Work to Residence visa or permit is an opportunity to seek skilled employment in New Zealand. It is not a guarantee of work, a job offer or of residence. Immigration New Zealand advises against the sale of assets, the termination of children’s schooling, and the shipping of household items to New Zealand until an applicant’s residence status is fully clarified.

From here.

I have heard that Beijing Branch can be rather slow so it would be difficult to guess when you will hear something. Have you tried contacting your case officer to ask him/her?
    Mother Bear

Default Immigration to new zealand

Dear MotherBear,

Thanks for your information. I didn't tried calling CO for the Status still. Do i need to call him? Will there be any adverse effect on my case? Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Mohammad Mukarram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast