Thread: Post Graduate Qualification

Hopeful is offline Junior Member

Default Post Graduate Qualification

Hi. can anyone help with the following query:

I hold a post graduate "Master of Business Administration" from a UK university. NZI have asked for evidence of an associated undergraduate qualification, seeminly on the assmption that all Master's degrees are a follow on from previous study. Mine isn't and at least in the UK its quite common for professionals (social work in my case) to complete such qualifications when they want to move into management.

People Space is offline Senior Member

The same applies to some of the MBA courses at New Zealand Universities. In the first instance I would send through information on the admission requirements for your course and how you met them.

Quote Originally Posted by People Space View Post
    The same applies to some of the MBA courses at New Zealand Universities. In the first instance I would send through information on the admission requirements for your course and how you met them.
    Very helpful. Many thanks

Default Work to Residency

Hi

We have just been invited to apply for WRT and trying hard not to see this as a bit of a poison chalice. Does anyone know how long it takes to process the application for this, once submitted? Our case is being handled by the London NZI Immigration office. My wife is the principal as her profession is on the LTSSL, but we are unclear on whether she will need full time and permanent work in order to satisfy the conditions for full residency. Also how much would it help our cause if I were to gain permanent full time skilled employment in my profession as a management consultant? Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline
    EOI submitted26/06/2010
    EOI successful: 01/07/2010
    ITA recieved:15/07/2010
    ITA submitted: 20/08/2010
    Case officer allocated:12/10/2010
    Telephone interview: 21/10/2010
    WTR offered: 02/11/2010

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

The WTR visa means that INZ is giving your wife the chance to get to NZ, get a job and work in it for a certain time to prove that you will be able to settle well in your new country. Ideally, I think it would satisfy the requirements better if the job is long term and full time. If it is only temporary, INZ might panic and think she'll be out of work again within a short time. The whole idea of the WTR is to show you are settling down and the best way of doing this is to have a long term job.

I don't know whether getting a good job yourself would make any difference as they would be looking to use your wife's skills, but it certainly wouldn't harm your chances of getting PR. It would be another way of proving you can settle. I don't know how long it will take to process the WTR but wouldn't imagine it would be that long now the decision has been made.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.