Thread: Introduction and Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration?

plucky is offline Junior Member

Default Introduction and Am I eligible for the New Zealand Immigration?

Hello

I am Senior Software Engineer having experience of 6 years. Full time 40 hours/week

Education Profile
    MSCS (Master in Computer Science) full time evening. 30 credit hours 2005-2008
    BSCS(Hons.) (Bachelor in Computer Science) full time morning 143 credit hours 2000-2004

I am willing to apply for immigration in "Skilled Migrant Category". for New Zealand

Am I eligible for the immigration and Can anyone tell me how much time (normal) will it take to complete the process?

I have also visited New Zealand immigration website but confused about the process for immigration can anybody guide me through the process or does I meet the requirement for immigration.

Thanks in advance.

Jof
    Jof is offline Member

To find out if you are eligible you need to work out how many points you have. You can do this using the INZ points calculator here.

I believe that software engineers are covered by one or both of the shortage lists, you can check here

You're qualifications look ok at first glance too, but you would have to check that they are recognised here

The time taken to process applications vary. Mine took about six months from the EOI submission to the visa through the London Office in the UK. Some countries I believe can take much longer. Sometimes it can be done faster if you have a job offer. Some of the regional offices have a website that estimates the processing times.

Jof

plucky is offline Junior Member

Thanks for reply with full detail. I am checking about my status of eligibility via links as you sent me.
    Thanks again.

iamsepehr is offline Junior Member

Default Check this too

Dear plucky,

By the reason that you have "Master in Computer Science", if you want to claim bonus points of being under Long Term Skill Shortages list (LTSSL), please consider the following link too:

Qualifications required for occupations in the shortages list

About your case I guess there is no reason to worry about it but you may need to get NZQA.

Wish you luck and success

hoping2win is offline Junior Member

Default immigration

hey Plucky, good handle, that's what you need if you are contemplating emigrating to NZ!! I am partly joking, but have you considered coming here on a working visa? That way at your age you will quite probably meet a nice Kiwi gal to marry and that would solve your problem!