Thread: Help appricated for visitor's visa under family category...

Tamira is offline Junior Member

Default Help appricated for visitor's visa under family category...

hi all,
    about two years ago I registered in this forum, wrote a fewposts and dissapeared again... sorry about this and thanks to the nice people who welcomed me then and gave me tips...
    Back then I wanted to move to NZ for living together with my boyfriend and today I am in NZ. - We did not realy go for any visa though, as I can come to NZ for three months without one. - Now we decided to first go for the visitors permit that could extend my stay before going for other permits/visa (if everything works out all right) ... we are a bit worried that it won't come through before I have to go back to Germany, but we can't realy do more than fill out everything and hope it will work out in time... - And if something goes worng, give it another try while I am in Germany, we are not going to give up!
    My partner is a Kiwi, we have seen each other before and are not related so we fulfill the minimum requirements for partnership.

Now, why I was filling out the forms for the visitor's permit I spotted a few things I am not sure about and could need help with.

1. A little detail. Should I tick or cross the little boxes or are people not picky about that?

2. Passport details: All the times I have to write "Germany"... Should I write "Germany" or, because my passport shows "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" ""Bundesrepublik Deutschland" or maybe the English version "Federal Republic of Germany"?

3. Evidence of partnership: How do I prove this best? We have photos, could put in copys of letters, have letters send to me that show I live at the same adress as my boyfriend right now... And we wilt find some other evidence. - But how the heck are we supposed to prove we are not related? Blood tests? - Letters of our respective parents telling they don't have other kids? Self drawn family trees? We are not related, but how do you prove a negative?

4. Question H1, National Identtiy Number. Now, Germnay does not have one, so I first thought to cross/tick "No", but then I thought of the Social Insurance Number that excists in Germany. As Wikepedia puts it: "In Germany, there is no national identification number legalized. Only decentralized databases are kept by social insurance companies, which allocate a social insurance number to almost every person. This numbering concept is a national system."
    I'd still think I have to tick "no", but the mother of my boyfriend is convinced I should tick "yes" and provide the Social Insurance Number... So right now I am a bit confused on this matter...

That's all the questions I have... thanks in advance for your help. :)

I hope everything works out with my permit and that I can stay longer in NZ, then get the working permit (we go for the other one first becaue we will have to put a bit more money together for a few things we would need for the work permit while the visitor's permit requires a few less things...) and in the end residency... - I found that I not only love my boyfriend Timothy but also realy like New Zealand!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good to have you back with us Tamira.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamira View Post

Now, why I was filling out the forms for the visitor's permit I spotted a few things I am not sure about and could need help with.

1. A little detail. Should I tick or cross the little boxes or are people not picky about that? If it does't state a preference on the form, I wouldn't worry about it.

2. Passport details: All the times I have to write "Germany"... Should I write "Germany" or, because my passport shows "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" ""Bundesrepublik Deutschland" or maybe the English version "Federal Republic of Germany"? Not sure about this one. Let's hope one of our German members looks in and can help out.

3. Evidence of partnership: How do I prove this best? We have photos, could put in copys of letters, have letters send to me that show I live at the same adress as my boyfriend right now... And we wilt find some other evidence. - But how the heck are we supposed to prove we are not related? Blood tests? - Letters of our respective parents telling they don't have other kids? Self drawn family trees? We are not related, but how do you prove a negative?

Proving a relationship

Evidence about whether the partnership is genuine and stable* may include but is not limited to, original or certified copies of documents and any other information such as:

a marriage certificate for the parties;
    a civil union certificate for the parties;
    birth certificates of any children of the parties;
    evidence of communication between the parties;
    photographs of the parties together;
    documents indicating public recognition of the partnership;
    evidence of the parties being committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively such as evidence of:
    joint decision making and plans together
    sharing of parental obligations
    sharing of household activities
    sharing of companionship/spare time
    sharing of leisure and social activities
    presentation by the parties to outsiders as a couple.
    evidence of being financially interdependent such as evidence of
    shared income
    joint bank accounts operated reasonably frequently over a reasonable time
    joint assets
    joint liabilities such as loans or credit to purchase real estate, cars, major home appliances
    joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, water, telephone)
    mutually agreed financial arrangements.

I would hope it would prove that you aren't related when you produce your birth certificates.

4. Question H1, National Identtiy Number. Now, Germnay does not have one, so I first thought to cross/tick "No", but then I thought of the Social Insurance Number that excists in Germany. As Wikepedia puts it: "In Germany, there is no national identification number legalized. Only decentralized databases are kept by social insurance companies, which allocate a social insurance number to almost every person. This numbering concept is a national system."
    I'd still think I have to tick "no", but the mother of my boyfriend is convinced I should tick "yes" and provide the Social Insurance Number... So right now I am a bit confused on this matter...
    A difficult one which requires input from our German members althought it does say

Germany
    In Germany, there is no national identification number, nor any kind of central database. Most people have a social insurance number and a tax file number, but those are only used for their specific purpose, from here
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Tamira is offline Junior Member

Thank you Mother Bear! - You know, it actually never crossed my mind to use our birth certificates! - Neither did it cross Timothy's and when we read this we actually facepalmed at the same time!

After reading a few more informations about National Identity numbers I decided not to use my Soical Insurance Number...

Now, if I just knew how to call Germany I finally could finish that form - Do you think I should start a new thread asking expsecially people from Germany for help?

And thanks again. Birth Certificate!!! - Darn where we silly!!!

kiaora!! is offline Senior Member

Hi Tamira!

Du bist ja suess :)

Du kannst 'Germany' schreiben, dann wissen die was du meinst !

National Identity Number gibts in Deutschland nicht, ich glaub das trifft so ziemlich nur Amerikaner.

Fuer dein Proof of relationship brauchst du nicht viel, ein paar Briefe an die selbe Adresse und vielleicht
    ein/zwei briefe von freunden dass ihr zusammen seid und ein paar fotos, das langt denen.

You said you weren't going to apply for the work permit for money reasons ... what exactly do you mean because
    if you haven't been here and working already then you don't need all the medicals/police certificates anyway and you
    would get the work permit for up to 1year!

I m just thinking that if you are planning to stay you d be better off applying for the work permit because
    your intensions are to actually stay and get your residency and not go back home, if you apply for a visitor visa
    they kind of expect you to leave the country, then again would know that you are obviously trying to stay so it s a
    bit tricky ?
    Going the work permit route is just so much more straight forward and simple and without the medicals, which is the expensive part, it s not expensive either... just the $280 for the permit.

Cheers
    Simone
    WHV submitted 20/11/07 approved 15/01/08
    arrived in Auckland 23/03/08
    Work permit under partnership submitted 21/05/08 APPROVED 29/05/08
    Work permit extension under partnership submitted 06/03/09 APPROVED 23/03/09 Expires 23/03/10
    Residence permit under partnership submitted 06/03/09
    Immigration Officer assigned 30/04/09
    Residence Permit APPROVED 29/06/09
    Our Baby Boy is due 01/04/10 "whoopwhoop"