Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitor Visa ??

ravi1414 is offline Member

Default Visitor Visa ??

Hi,

m currently a student hea in chc n planin to apply fr a visitor visa d moment my student visa expires. i read the application frm(visitor visa) n got few questions abt it..

Hw much of NZ$ do i need to hv to stay for 2 months hea ? plus m currenly flatin wt ma fltmtes n to show that i hve accomadation....wt paperwrk i cn produce to immigration ? Do i hv to hv my return flight ticket booked in advnce also ?

Cheers in advnce

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Evidence of funds

You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. This means you have a minimum of:

* NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
    * NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers.

Proof that you plan to leave New Zealand

You will need to show us proof that you have plans and the means to leave within the period of your permit. Suitable proof may include:

* actual travel tickets (confirmed or open-dated) out of New Zealand to a country which you have the right to enter; or
    * written confirmation from an airline or travel agency that onward travel has been booked and paid for.

From here.

Are you paying rent to a landlord or to your flatmates? If so, you should have some kind of written agreement about that. If you don't pay rent and don't have anything in writing, I think you might have to contact INZ to see what they would accept as evidence of having accommodation.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thnks Motherbear..yeh..i do pay rent via d internet banking to ma fltmtes....bt dnt tke anythng bck in writin...I wd try n contct d immigration fr further queries....thnks... :-)

AND yeh..i frgt to ask u d imp. thng..m applyin fr a student visa once again...my course is off 2 yrs starting this yr..Do i hv to again do my chest X ray n medicals ? The last time i did them was in 2009 when i applied fr a student visa...Wd they be still valid n the immigration wd reference them from my file ?

Cheers in advance

Blog Entries

If you have sent a medical certificate to Immigration New Zealand and it has been completed and dated by a medical practitioner within the last 24 months, you do not need to send another medical certificate with this application. We will tell you if we need any further information, such as tests, reports, or an updated medical certificate.

From here page 9 - item C7.
    Mother Bear

Thnks fr d reply MB...i collected all my documents, filled up the student visa application...bt nw m in a prlbm...The application says about Police Certificate...I had submitted my certificate whn i cme hea on student visa in march 09..m nt goin bck to my country...hw wd i gt a new certificate to attach along with my student visa application ?

Blog Entries

I'm assuming you are from India so this is the information about police certificates from that country and as you are already in NZ you could apply to the High Commission of India .

Specific procedure for India

Applicants in India apply to the Regional Passport Office of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs or the Office of the Deputy Commissioner/Superintendent of Police for the area of your residence. The certificate must be the original, bearing the official Ministry Seal. If applying to the local police, you must obtain a letter for such a certificate from INZ New Delhi office.

Applicants already in New Zealand you should contact the High Commission of India, PO Box 4045, Wellington, to obtain a certificate.

Applicants living in a third country you should apply to the Indian High Commission or Embassy accredited to that country.

From here.
    Mother Bear

Thnks fr d info MB..

but its srtnge since i hv been in NZ since march 09 and why wd i need a polic chk frm India den ( yes m frm india..u guesses it rite :-)
    wnt i need i police clearance certificate frm NZ since i hv stayed hea..??

Blog Entries

I guess maybe INZ still wants a check from India in case you have been back there meanwhile on a visit. They will do the NZ police checks themselves, so you don't have to worry about that.
    Mother Bear

No i hve nt been bck since i cme hea...if i menton on d appication dt i do nt hv the police certificate with me...n tell dem dt i never wnt bck to collect one...wd dt hamper my student visa application ?

P:S : I shd hd cme on my british passport(my mum a brit citizen n i too gt a brit passport)..my life wd hv been more easier.. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast