Thread: Medical

Tribesman is offline Member

Default Medical

Does anyone know what is the limit on cholesterol levels that are allowed in the medical report.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It doesn't say on the medical forms but, for general purposes, a borderline result would be

200-239 mg/dL or 5.2 - 6.2 mmol/L

so it would be recommended not to be above this.

Perhaps someone who has gone through the process can enlighten us further if it is any different for the medical.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Got our medicals back today and the dortor said everything was fine. Was worried about them , but now i feel happy. medical and xrays etc for us both cost 460. So i hope to get all paperwork off to the London branch by the weekend. How long would it be before i hear they have got them. Will send by courier.

Blog Entries

Well done Tribesman. Another step forward . Can't say how long you'll have to wait to hear from INZ because the London processing times screen only says....

For these reasons, applications will take up to 15 months to be allocated to a Case Officer after being accepted. Once allocated, the average processing time frame will be four to six months, unless there are complicated health or other issues to determine. Please note that the times given for allocation and decision are indicative only and may be subject to change.

From here.

Perhaps someone with personal experience can give a better timeline.
    Mother Bear

I assume my application must be alright, because i see they have taken the 470 out of my account. I think they should send me a reply letter within 14 days, if everything is ok , then ill just have to go with the waiting game, mayby it will happen sooner then what they say . God its along time to wait. But ill get there in the end anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    God its along time to wait. But ill get there in the end anyway.
    At least you've started, Tribesman. We're still waiting for the right time to start. If we wait until March next year we will avoid having to apply to Kuwait for police certificates. Could start now, but dithering which isn't a good feeling.
    Mother Bear

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    At least you've started, Tribesman. We're still waiting for the right time to start. If we wait until March next year we will avoid having to apply to Kuwait for police certificates. Could start now, but dithering which isn't a good feeling.
    I thought it better not to wait any longer while our health is still alright. seeing it takes so long to get and also can put it off for a while if we wish.
    Going to Christchurch for 29 days xmass, looking forvward to that visit, hate the long trip. i its over two weeks now since i put in the application, they have taken out the application fee from account, does that mean they have accepted the application in London or should i get an acknowledgement letter?? just abit bothered.