Thread: Police and medical certs. still valid?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Police and medical certs. still valid?

At some point soon I intend applying for residency under the Family (Parent) Category. As I understand it, there is now a waiting list of about 2 years before an application is even looked at. It suddenly occurred to me that, if I submit police and medical certs. with my application, as is required, they would be well out of date after a 2-year waiting period.

My query to INZ was 'Would I be expected to repeat both police and medical certs. at the time my application is pulled out for consideration'? The answer came back that I need to supply valid certificates at the time I submit my application. No mention of whether I would have to shell out another heap of money in the future (never mind the hassle) to repeat what I have already done.

I have used 'I' throughout this post but, of course, my hubby will be going through the same process with me, so there will be two lots of fees involved for both the police and the medical certificates if INZ insist, as I have a feeling they will, that we repeat them nearer the time our application is dealt with. I really can't see INZ accepting certificates that would be so out of date, but I resent being put in the position of having to go through it all again because of the inadequacies of the INZ system. In this case, it would be better for them to call for the certificates a few months before an application is dealt with. I know it has been said that, once certificates are submitted, the clock stops ticking but I'm sure that refers to applicants in categories that are processed much quicker.

Has anyone come up against a similar situation where their certificates have been kicking about at INZ for up to 2 years and still been accepted?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

steinbock is offline Member

Hi

I am sorry I cannot give you explicit answer but I have the same concerns with my skilled migrant application. Given the waiting period and time dealing with the application our medical will be well over 3 months old.

I believe your fears may well be true as there is following explanation written under my online Health Certificate Details:

When your health certificate status has expired, Immigration New Zealand will request another health certificate from you.

When it will expire or if they consider even "expired" certificate is probably in the hands of all mighty officials.

Tribesman is offline Member

Well, it says in application not more than 3 months old before you submit. Says nothing or refers to nothing that i can find, anything about repete medicals etc. I will be in the same boat. Doing medicals on next Wensday. I can not see how its going to take 2 years, so long as you submit the correct paperwork and every thing is ok with medical etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    I can not see how its going to take 2 years, so long as you submit the correct paperwork and every thing is ok with medical etc.
    It's not the process itself that takes 2 years, it's because the waiting list has grown considerably over the last year and they are now, apparently, sticking strictly to date order for the applications. I have read a few times that it can take at least a year before INZ even begins look at an application.

I just wish they would bring in a retirement visa and have done with it although maybe we'd still be in the same position with that. At our time of life, where assorted health issues can crop up at any time, I really can't see INZ being happy to run with up to 2-year old medical certificates because they are so paranoid about potential health problems no matter how old you are. It makes me suspicious that the reply I received from them didn't state clearly that we would not have to repeat our medicals after a year or so of waiting in the queue.
    Mother Bear

francis1962 is offline Member

Hi Mother Bear

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I understand the situation when we gain residency in NZ it is 3 years before my wife's parents could apply to go and then another 2 years (& growing) before their application will be dealt with?

Francis

Tribesman is offline Member

Francis : Both my wife and I, are in that position at present. we had to wait untill our son had his residency 3 years. So now we have the long haul of waiting again. Hoping to submit our stuff in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by francis1962 View Post
    Hi Mother Bear

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I understand the situation when we gain residency in NZ it is 3 years before my wife's parents could apply to go and then another 2 years (& growing) before their application will be dealt with?

Francis
    Yes, you and your wife would need to have held PR for 3 full years before you are qualified to sponsor anyone. Then it's another long wait until INZ get round to dealing with and processing the application. Painful!
    Mother Bear