Thread: our VISA applications are transfered from Dubai to NZ Wellington branch

Afsi is offline Junior Member

Default our VISA applications are transfered from Dubai to NZ Wellington branch

Hi all

After 3 months that me and my partner applied for student and work visa in Dubai INZ branch, yesterday I got an email which indicates that our applications are transfered to Wellington NZ INZ branch for "processing".

Does anybody know what does it mean? They put this email address
    (ipg.contact [AT] dol.govt.nz) for further contact in the email. Do all such applications from different INZ branches around the globe transfer to NZ for final processing? Is it common?

Is it a good or bad news?

Thank you,
    Afsi

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Which country are you currently in, Afsi? Dubai only deals with applications from certain countries. Other than that, I can't think why your application would have been transferred unless Dubai branch is too busy to deal with it. I don't think it's bad news though, but it may delay the process a little.

Welcome to Dubai branch

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) office of Immigration New Zealand is located in Dubai.

Dubai receives applications for visitor, work, and student visas from the following countries:

* Bahrain
    * Egypt
    * Iran
    * Jordan
    * Oman
    * Saudi Arabia
    * Syria
    * UAE
    * Yemen
    * Kuwait
    * Qatar
    * Lebanon

If you are travelling on a passport from Bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, or UAE you can visit New Zealand for three months without a visa. However, you will need to apply for a visa if you want to work or study in New Zealand.

If you are applying to live in New Zealand and you are from Bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, or UAE, your application will be processed in our Bangkok branch.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Afsi is offline Junior Member

Thanks MotherBear

We have applied from Iran and even if the reason is because they are busy then why they hold our applications for near 3 months? Once I called Dubai Branch the officer told me the student visa takes 30 days to be processed!!
    I called to Wellington Branch some minutes ago, the officer told me your applications are processing and if you call back or check online we will inform you in next 2 weeks about how long does it take for processing. He told me that you can check your application status online by a pin number which has been sent to you via email.
    The Visa processing is very slow.