Thread: drawing the line...

malcolm7 is offline Junior Member

Wink drawing the line...

im curious? our local health centre charges $38 for a 15 min consultation in their own rooms, fair enough, i went to the health centre to get a subscription signed by a doctor, for the chemist, told to wait in the nurses station, where they told me it will cost $10 to get my subscription signed, the doctor came out signed the form, left, and went to the reception to pay, thats $38 they said! can anybody enlighten me? my understanding is, i would have to be sitting in the doctors room getting my full 15 mins worth to be charged the full amount, i dont think hollywood stars in public, dont charge their fans for their signature? please help :(

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Malcolm and welcome.

I haven't any experience yet of the NZ medical system, but I gather from what you say that you can have up to 15 mins. consultation with the doctor for $38 and that he/she charges $10 for signing a prescription. I would have thought, if you didn't have a consultation and the doc only signed your prescription, you should have been charged only the $10. Was the desk aware that you didn't actually have a consultation?

Having said that, my hubby went into the vets to get a repeat prescription for our cat and was also charged for a consultation. He knew what tablets to get and only wanted more. He didn't even go into the consulting room. It wasn't our normal vet but, even so, that was a bit naughty .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

People Space is offline Senior Member

I phone up my (Chch, NZ) Doctor's surgery and let them know I need a script, and they let me know roughly when it will be done. Sometimes I have to wait till the next day as they are all done in a batch. It costs me less than half a doctor's consultation fee.

Sounds like they may have made a mistake on yours...

malcolm7 is offline Junior Member

Smile

thank guys :) as they say the customer is always right, just as a footnote, im actualy in the process of trying to get it reversed, hopefully common sense, and mercy, will prevail, il keep you guys posted, as to the outcome. im online using the playstation3 and have no pc, so cant get into: The code of practice, webpage, i dont have adobe reader. im glad i found this webpage :)