Thread: Student Visa

stanleiyjoan is offline Junior Member

Default Student Visa

Dear Mother bear,

I am new user

I am G Jenma Rakini from India. I have received the admission from The University Of Auckland for pursuing the Master Of International Business programme which is a one year course.

I haDear Mother bear,

I am new user

I am G Jenma Rakini from India. I have received the admission from The University Of Auckland for pursuing the Master Of International Business programme which is a one year course.

I have received my student visa based on which my husband has applied for his work visa since he is going to accompany me to come to New Zealand.

During my studies, I am Planning to work part-time for 20 hours per week. My husband is an MBA Professional having 8 years of experience in sales and marketing will be working full-time based on his one year work permit for our financial support. Further, I will get one year work permit after my first year of studies.

In this connection, I have some clarifications as follows:

A. I am the main applicant and my husband is my dependent. Whether my husband will get a work visa based on my student visa?

B. I will get a work permit for one year after my first year. In this case, whether my husbandís work visa will get renewed after first year since he is my dependent?

C. After my first year of studies, I will get a work permit. So, can I apply for a PR after 3 months of my work permit and by when can I get the PR?

Kindly clarify the above mentioned three points and do the needful.

Thanking you,

Regards,

G Jenma Rakini.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I don't know if this will be of any help in answering your questions. It is the Student Visa/Permit Guide.

It seems to say that, if you apply for your Student Visa, your husband will have to apply for his own visa appropriate to his needs. In other words, he would have to apply for his work visa. He will not get one automatically because you have a Student Visa. If you will only study for one year, he could maybe get a work visa for that time and then, when you get your work visa, he could renew his for one more year. I think both your and his visas should run for the same amount of time, otherwise he could apply for a work visa for 2 years to cover both your time as a student and your 1 year on the work permit.

Whether you can apply for PR after 3 months on your work permit, would depend on how many points you will have and whether you would qualify to apply at that time. The alternative could be to apply under the Work to Residence category.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.