Thread: Waiting for desicion on residency application. Have a question...

Evgenia is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Waiting for desicion on residency application. Have a question...

Hello!

It's been already a year since we've lodged our residency application (Skilled Migrant) and case officer been assigned. And it is already four months as I calling and writting emails to my Case manager...but she keeps telling me that she is waiting for the letter from Wellington (she is in Auckland) and without it she can't make a final desicion.

At the beginning she told me that this letter normally takes up to 4 weeks to arrive, after 4 weeks she said that is could take up to three months.... And after three months she told me that she cannot promise anything

When I asked her to send me referense to the document where this letter is mentioned she just told me that I am not alone and she appriciate my patience...

I started to think that such letter does not exsist...and she is playing with me...

Is anybody know what is this? Is it true what she is saying?
    Please help me! I am going crazy with all this situation!
    Could anybody advise what to do in such situations? We need this residency as soon as possible - we bought tickets for our parents to come here for Christmas, but our work visas expires in november, how can we do visitor visas if we are not gonna be here (according to our passports)???? SOS!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Evgenia, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Evgenia View Post
    ...but she keeps telling me that she is waiting for the letter from Wellington (she is in Auckland)
    Can you explain what this letter is? It might help us understand what your case officer is waiting for and why it is delaying a decision on your residency.

Before your work permits expire, couldn't you renew them? At least you could stay in NZ and it would give you extra time for your residency to come through.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Evgenia is offline Junior Member

Hi!

Thank you for your quick respond :)

I've asked her what is this letter about, she just responded that this is a "part of verification process, standard for all residency application"... and :) she appreciates my concerns

I also heard that work visas now can take up to six months to proceed, but we already have less than it :(