Thread: thinkin of emigrating to auckland

wendy is offline Junior Member

Default thinkin of emigrating to auckland

hey i am thinkin of emigrating to NZ im 19 and about to starta hairdressing course partime please can you help me out by tellin me house prices and jobs espec for hairdressers cost of food utilities prices etc car prices all help will be very much apprecaieted thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Wendy and welcome.

To be able to immigrate to NZ you need to meet certain criteria before you qualify to apply for residency. It isn't just a case of deciding you want to live there. If you don't have close family in NZ who can sponsor you for residency, you would need to have specific job skills that the country needs. Have a read through this and see if you fit in with the requirements. If you don't have several years' experience in your work, you would need a good, solid qualification to get you in, which usually takes the form of a university degree.

For an idea of house prices, you can look on our NZ website list under Real Estate where you will find links to property agents in NZ. Using their drop down menus you can navigate to find houses that you like in the area you would be interested in. Some of the links might be defunct because they were put on there quite a while ago but I'm sure there will be something for you to look at. To get an idea about the cost of living downunder, you could do a search for the terms 'cost' or 'living' and pick out the likely threads. We have had a few in the past.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

wendy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Wendy and welcome.

To be able to immigrate to NZ you need to meet certain criteria before you qualify to apply for residency. It isn't just a case of deciding you want to live there. If you don't have close family in NZ who can sponsor you for residency, you would need to have specific job skills that the country needs. Have a read through this and see if you fit in with the requirements. If you don't have several years' experience in your work, you would need a good, solid qualification to get you in, which usually takes the form of a university degree.

For an idea of house prices, you can look on our NZ website list under Real Estate where you will find links to property agents in NZ. Using their drop down menus you can navigate to find houses that you like in the area you would be interested in. Some of the links might be defunct because they were put on there quite a while ago but I'm sure there will be something for you to look at. To get an idea about the cost of living downunder, you could do a search for the terms 'cost' or 'living' and pick out the likely threads. We have had a few in the past.
    hello motherbear

you mentioned about sponsaring i dont have faimly there but i have my best mate and her family there who i grew up with, can they sponsor me?

thanks for the links, i am training on hairdressing so i am going to be qualified when i apply but not to university level i have spoken to someone at immigration and he has advised me that you need ex o qualifications in the skill and this will help you. please advise thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry, no, only immediate family i.e. parents, brother, sister can sponsor you.

I didn't understand the bit about the ex o qualifications so can't help there, I'm afraid.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.