Thread: Which job?

samwalker is offline Junior Member

Default Which job?

Hi guys,
    Got an application form from Burger King, McDonald's and New World. Which might be the best job in terms of salary? Anyone who's working at any of these?

TanyaJ is offline Member

I imagine they'd all pay around the same hourly rate. Also try The Warehouse maybe? I hear they treat their staff quite well.

I see. Thank you. :)
    I've got an interview from a bakery tomorrow, though. Could someone tell me what to wear? I don't think I have to wear a suit and a tie, right?
    Also, I want to get an IRD number but I don't have enough IDs. Could anyone tell me how to get more IDs here?
    Last edited by samwalker; 09-06-2009 at 11:41 AM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sam,

I don't know what you mean when you say you don't have enough IDs.

You can read about applying for an IRD number here . It should clarify things for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Sam,

I don't know what you mean when you say you don't have enough IDs.

You can read about applying for an IRD number here . It should clarify things for you.
    Hi Mother Bear! Nice to hear from you! =)
    How are you? =)
    I have nothing else but my passport. I wanna get more identifications here i.e. SSS ID (if they have such), the 18+, or any kind of valid ID they accept.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

In the above link it says you can use

Overseas passport with New Zealand immigration visa / permit (please photocopy the pages showing photo, name, any pages showing current work, visitor permits, or residency documentation and a specimen signature) or call Inland Revenue on 0800 227 774 for exempt list

and one of these if you have one...

* New Zealand driver licence
    * New Zealand 18+ card
    * New Zealand student photo identification card
    * A letter confirming registration as a student in New Zealand (if this document is used you must provide a document from category A that contains a photo)
    * An "offer of employment" letter from your employer, on their company letterhead (if this document is used you must provide a document from category A that contains a photo)
    * International Drivers' Permit (issued by a member country of the UN Convention on Road Traffic)
    * Overseas Drivers' Licence (accompanied by an English translation completed by an LTNZ authorised translator, if not already in English)

If you don't have one and you get the job in the bakery, you can get a letter
    with the offer of employment from your new company. I assume you don't have a driving licence or you could use that.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.