Thread: consultants

tracy nicholson is offline Junior Member

Question consultants

Hi all,

What do people think about consultants/Agencies,:

The one we have been in touch with seems decent, and on there web page they said they would dothe employment search, but when we sent them a list of questions they got back to us saying my husband would have to do most of the leg work.

Does anybody know if they are any good, has anybody used one, can anybody recommend one or are they just a total rip off.

What do they do for you, because at the moment I dont know if to go with one or not.

Kind regards
    Traci.

MarkMo is offline Junior Member

Hi Traci,

Just a quick post.....

We looked at using consultants. A few things to consider are

1. How much time and effort you want to put in yourself.
    2. Costs - are you prepared to stump up at least 750 probably a far bit more.
    3. Are you confident with loads of form filling.

We have gone through the process and are about to submit our ITA.
    It is a long winded and sometimes confusing ordeal but you can do it yourself and I wish I had found this site before we started out.

If you have limited time and some spare money there are some decent ones out there. The good ones will come to you and talk things through without charging you, before you decide which one you might like to use.

Ultimately it's down to you and if you have the time go for it and do the application yoursef, and think of what you could spend the saved money on in NZ!

Good luck.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tracy nicholson View Post
    .... but when we sent them a list of questions they got back to us saying my husband would have to do most of the leg work.
    I think this is common with all of them because your application is mainly based on documentation that only you (or your husband in this case) can provide. Consultants tend to collect all this information together and present it for you. Something you can easily do yourself if you want to save a heap of money.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

happydays is offline Junior Member

We used a consultant by the name of e-migration in Tauranga mainly because our application wasnt straight forward. I am pleased with the service we received and had an email from them on 18-3-09 to say our PR application has been accepted. If our application had been straight forward we would most probably have done it ourselves but all in all we are happy bunnies

tracy nicholson is offline Junior Member

Question Thankyou all

Thankyou for the feedback,

I am not sure if I am aloud to advertise, but I will take my chances.

the consultants we are thinking about using are called Golden Sands Migration they are based in New Zealand.

They are wanting to know if we are going to the Birmingham Exbo, and they said they would like to see us which will take about an hour.

Do you think this sounds like they want us or is it just a smoke screen for a sales pitch.

Has anybody used them or heard of them.

kind regards Traci.