Thread: Leaving NZ on Visit Visa

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Default Leaving NZ on Visit Visa

I'm hoping my sister will come over on a 6month visit visa when she finishes her degree.

She was hoping we might be able to go for a holiday in OZ for a week or something. I know we would be fine with our PR (when we eventually get it) but could she leave NZ to go to OZ and then come back in again on her visit visa? Also being from the UK does she need to get a visa to visit OZ? The alternative would be a working holiday visa as she will only be 22. But this requires she has proof of funds which she won't have or need as she will be staying with us while she is here and therefore won't need money for accommodation or most of her food and she will be able to work a bit to earn any moeny she might need. So is there a way around the funds?

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

I think for the visitors visa, she'll be OK ... immigration check that she hasn't been in NZ for more than 6 months in the 12 month period.

No idea about Oz I'm afraid ...
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

I have looke dup on the working holiday visa and she can leave and come back as much as she likes on that so going to oz would be fine it's just the trouble of prooving she has money to live off that she doesn't really need.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

alan&moyra is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    I'm hoping my sister will come over on a 6month visit visa when she finishes her degree.

She was hoping we might be able to go for a holiday in OZ for a week or something. I know we would be fine with our PR (when we eventually get it) but could she leave NZ to go to OZ and then come back in again on her visit visa? Also being from the UK does she need to get a visa to visit OZ? The alternative would be a working holiday visa as she will only be 22. But this requires she has proof of funds which she won't have or need as she will be staying with us while she is here and therefore won't need money for accommodation or most of her food and she will be able to work a bit to earn any moeny she might need. So is there a way around the funds?

Beth
    Hi Beth

Yes she will need a visa for OZ, take her passport to a local travel agent and they do it on line so ther eis no need to send it away, it costs about 20 quid
    EOI Submitted 10/04/2007
    EOI Selected 21/04/2007
    ITA Received 20/07/2007
    ITA Sent Lodged 31/08/2007
    Medicals booked 01/08/2007
    Flights booked 22/10/2007
    Visa granted 17/10/2007
    Arrived in NZ 27/10/2007

loopylu is offline Member

You don't even need to go to a travel agents to do the Australian visa... I got one online myself and if you go to the Australian Embassy website it's free (although I did come across some secondary websites that did try to charge me for the priviledge). As a UK citizen I was able to get a visitors visa that allowed me multiple entry to Oz for a 12 month period (didn't need to prove funds or onward flight or anything).

I entered NZ on a Working Holiday Visa and although it did say on the paperwork that I should have evidence of funds to support myself I was never asked when it came down to it. Other people I know have borrowed the money from family/friends and then once they were in NZ and through immigration they re-transferred the money back... is there anyone who might be able to temporarily lend your sister the money for a couple of weeks??
    Arrived in New Zealand on WHV on 5th Feb '08.

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704762406

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Even though she'll be staying with you, she would still need to prove that she can support herself with or without accommodation being provided unless you want to sponsor her visa yourself. That's for a visitor's visa.

Evidence of funds

You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. This means you have a minimum of:

* NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
    * NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers.

Acceptable evidence of sufficient funds can be demonstrated in the form of:

* cash
    * travellers' cheques
    * bank drafts
    * recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available – it is recommended that visitors have an up-to-date credit card statement.

Other acceptable evidence is a declaration by a New Zealand sponsor that they will pay for your accommodation and maintenance. See the Sponsorship Form for Visiting New Zealand (NZIS 1025) PDF.

From here.

For the WHV she would still need to prove she could support herself:

To be eligible

You must:

* usually be permanently living in the United Kingdom – this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you lodge your application
    * have a British passport that‘s valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
    * be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
    * not bring children with you
    * hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket**
    * have a minimum of NZ$350 per month of stay available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
    * meet our health and character requirements
    * be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work being a secondary intention for your visit
    * not have been approved a visa or permit under a Working Holiday Scheme before.

From here.

In either case, the amount she would require, if she was staying with you, wouldn't be anything like as much as if she was supporting herself entirely. It can happen that immigration don't always ask for proof of funds. If she wants to work she would need either a WP or a WHV as she can't work on a visit visa, so it sounds like the WHV is a good option.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.